Roundcube issues

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by kiril, Nov 21, 2016.

1. kiril

kiril New Member

hello
    cent send and resive maill from yahoo,gmail and cent send
    how to fix this problem

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  2. kiril

kiril New Member

Someone help please

3. Samo_slo

Samo_slo Member

What tutorial did you use for install, what are your roundcube config settings, any errors in log?

4. kiril

kiril New Member

im using debian
    Nov 23 11:10:02 host dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=::1, lip=::1, secured, session=<BCkFQfRB8gAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>
    Nov 23 11:10:02 host dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=::1, lip=::1, secured, session=<UiwFQfRBbAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>
    Nov 23 11:10:02 host postfix/smtps/smtpd[19467]: connect from localhost[::1]
    Nov 23 11:10:02 host postfix/smtps/smtpd[19467]: SSL_accept error from localhost[::1]: lost connection
    Nov 23 11:10:02 host postfix/smtps/smtpd[19467]: lost connection after CONNECT from localhost[::1]
    Nov 23 11:10:02 host postfix/smtps/smtpd[19467]: disconnect from localhost[::1]
    Nov 23 11:10:07 host postfix/smtps/smtpd[19467]: connect from localhost[::1]

5. Samo_slo

Samo_slo Member

paste the content of your /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php. You can login to webmail?

6. kiril

kiril New Member

yes i can login to email

$config['default_host'] = 'localhost';

// SMTP server host (for sending mails).
    // To use SSL/TLS connection, enter hostname with prefix ssl:// or tls://
    // If left blank, the PHP mail() function is used
    // Supported replacement variables:
    // %h - user's IMAP hostname
    // %n - hostname ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'])
    // %t - hostname without the first part
    // %d - domain (http hostname $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] without the first part)
    // %z - IMAP domain (IMAP hostname without the first part)
    // For example %n = mail.domain.tld, %t = domain.tld
    $config['smtp_server'] = 'localhost';

// SMTP port (default is 25; use 587 for STARTTLS or 465 for the
    // deprecated SSL over SMTP (aka SMTPS))
    $config['smtp_port'] = 25;

// SMTP username (if required) if you use %u as the username Roundcube
    // will use the current username for login
    $config['smtp_user'] = '';

// SMTP password (if required) if you use %p as the password Roundcube
    // will use the current user's password for login
    $config['smtp_pass'] = '';

// provide an URL where a user can get support for this Roundcube installation
    // PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO THE ROUNDCUBE.NET WEBSITE HERE!
    $config['support_url'] = '';

// Name your service. This is displayed on the login screen and in the window title
    $config['product_name'] = 'Roundcube Webmail';

// this key is used to encrypt the users imap password which is stored
    // in the session record (and the client cookie if remember password is enabled).
    // please provide a string of exactly 24 chars.
    // YOUR KEY MUST BE DIFFERENT THAN THE SAMPLE VALUE FOR SECURITY REASONS
    $config['des_key'] = 'zVAIs9geK5rJWCd6ijQvlP[y';

// List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
    $config['plugins'] = array(
    'archive',
    'zipdownload',
    );

7. Samo_slo

Samo_slo Member

change to $config['smtp_user'] = '%u';

change to $config['smtp_user'] = '%p';

restart apache and try again then view the logs again if you get any different error.

8. kiril

kiril New Member

Nov 23 13:55:02 host dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 1 secs): user=<>, rip=::1, lip=::1, secured, session=<b6cXj/ZB6QAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>
    Nov 23 13:55:09 host postfix/smtps/smtpd[26233]: connect from localhost[::1]
    Nov 23 13:55:29 host postfix/qmgr[5602]: A5AC9AA4A1: from=<[email protected]>, size=1772, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Nov 23 13:55:32 host postfix/smtp[26244]: A5AC9AA4A1: host mta6.am0.yahoodns.net[98.138.112.35] said: 421 4.7.0 [TSS09] All messages from 109.66.9.68 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.56.1; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3326.html (in reply to MAIL FROM command)
    Nov 23 13:55:32 host postfix/smtp[26244]: A5AC9AA4A1: lost connection with mta6.am0.yahoodns.net[98.138.112.35] while sending RCPT TO
    Nov 23 13:55:34 host postfix/smtp[26244]: A5AC9AA4A1: to=<[email protected]>, relay=mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[98.138.112.35]:25, delay=71801, delays=71795/0.04/5.2/0.42, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[98.138.112.35] said: 421 4.7.0 [TSS09] All messages from 109.66.9.68 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.56.1; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3326.html (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
    Nov 23 14:00:02 host dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 0 secs): user=<>, rip=::1, lip=::1, secured, session=<W3kDofZBcAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>

9. Samo_slo

Samo_slo Member

I think your IP is on yahoos blacklist. Google your errors. Do you even have a domain for your server and all DNS records set for it?

10. kiril

kiril New Member

No I don't have a domain yet but now I have no-ip, and no my ip is not on block , maybe it's because I'm using no-ip ? And don't have domain

11. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

I guess you'll have to relay your outgoing mail through your ISP. Most mailservers will reject email coming from dynamic IPs.

12. kiril

kiril New Member

Maybe I need to configure a reverse lookup zone pointer on Debian ? I yes can I get a guide for this

13. Samo_slo

Samo_slo Member

You can't (not 100% sure)! For the PTR you need a static IP and then request your ISP to set up the record for that IP.

14. kiril

kiril New Member

And what can I do if my isp dont wants to make a PTR record for my ip

15. Samo_slo

Samo_slo Member

Oh I forgot. you also need a domain so the PTR shows the IP to the domain. And you'll need the MX record for your domain for your mail server else you won't be able to recieve mail.

16. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Incoming mail shouldn't be a problem if you use your own domain and mx entry pointing to your IP. However outgoing mail will be needed to be relayed through your ISP or some other mail provider.