Roundcube login error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fisherofer, Feb 17, 2019.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It's probably easier to install it on another OS as the spamassassin package on centOS seems to be incomplete or broken. Normally I recommend to use Debian, but some software in Debian 9 is quite old already, so my recommendation is to use Ubuntu 18.04 at the moment.

2. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

i will reinstall my server as ubuntu
    ispconfig support import + export from another server ?

3. till

4. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...php-pureftpd-postfix-dovecot-and-ispconfig/2/

i try to install on fresh server

● amavisd.service - Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers.
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/amavisd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Thu 2019-02-21 13:57:38 IST; 7s ago
    Docs: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#doc
    Process: 31278 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/amavisd -c /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf (code=exited, status=255)

Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: amavisd.service: control process exited, code=exited status=255
    Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: Unit amavisd.service entered failed state.
    Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: amavisd.service failed.
    Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: amavisd.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
    Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: Stopped Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: start request repeated too quickly for amavisd.service
    Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: Unit amavisd.service entered failed state.
    Feb 21 13:57:38 it-centos systemd[1]: amavisd.service failed.

* i fail to install ispconfig on debian 9.8

5. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)

6. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

any option to run ispconfig as hosting panel + mail server without AV protection and spam protection ?

7. till

Which problem do you have on Debian?

Yes, but I won't run a mailserver like that, you will get huge loads of spam and viruses and you can't sign emails with Dkim. https://www.faqforge.com/linux/cont...ilter-and-antivirus-functions-in-ispconfig-3/

8. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

9. till

Really uncommon, never had that during an install. Which error did you get in /var/log/syslog ?

10. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

please close this thread
    i will wait for the new ipconfig on centos documentation
    i dont know why but i fail in each install centos\debian ... on the av install

11. till

Is your server maybe not able to download files from the internet? Spamassassin, as well as amavis, are downloading their rules over the internet, if you blocked outgoing internet connections on your server, then spamassasin as well as amavis will probably fail to install.

12. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

i can install the files but the amavis service fail - cant run

13. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

fresh install based on
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...php-pureftpd-postfix-dovecot-and-ispconfig/2/

[root@centos ~]# sa-update
    error: no mirrors available for channel updates.spamassassin.org
    channel: no mirrors available, channel failed

[root@centos ~]# systemctl start amavisd.service
    Job for amavisd.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status amavisd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

[root@centos ~]# systemctl status amavisd.service
    ● amavisd.service - Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers.
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/amavisd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Tue 2019-02-26 12:06:26 IST; 40s ago
    Docs: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#doc

Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: amavisd.service: control process exited, code=exited status=255
    Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: Unit amavisd.service entered failed state.
    Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: amavisd.service failed.
    Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: amavisd.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
    Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: Stopped Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: start request repeated too quickly for amavisd.service
    Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: Unit amavisd.service entered failed state.
    Feb 26 12:06:26 centos systemd[1]: amavisd.service failed.
    [root@centos ~]#

its a fresh install and the amavisd fail to start after install

14. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The mail log should indicate why an amavis could not start; the first thing I would check is exactly what @till asked about your server being able to download files from the internet.

15. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

the server have full internet access - as i manage to go throe the guide

16. till

In #42 you said you reinstall it with Ubuntu but you seem to reinstalled it with CentOS again. I would never use CentOS for such a server, packages in CentOS 7 are really old and cause a lot of problems and as you see on your server. If your server is intended for production or business use and not just as a hobby or test platform where functionality and downtime don't matter, then I would stay away from CentOS.

17. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

my last install is with centos - latest
    when i try to use ubuntu its fail to run in my proxmox server - its LIKE esxi server - its free and run on what esxi refuse to work with -- like my server

18. till

Latest centOS 7 has really old pacvkages, compared to other distributions.

I know proxmox and it should support Ubuntu. As far as I know, proxmox has different VM types, which one did you use? If proxmox fails to start a specific OS with lxc, then use a kvm based virtual machine instead.

19. fisherofer

fisherofer Member

i will retry to use a new ubuntu server - its fail to start after install - i will fix it one day/

and about amavisd
    what can i do? its fail to start

20. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Install using the Perfect Server Guide, not automatic install. And check the OS really is the base version, not something where Apache, Mysql, Postfix, Amavis etc. already has been installed.
    Then read the log files to see what happens. Use
    Code:
    systemctl --state=failed
    to see if some service is not running.