Roundcube On debian 10 error 403

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by ewkilian, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Depends on how you installed the extra php versions. I do not know if it is the cause of your problems. But what I would do in your situation is to set the system up as standard ISPConfig on Debian 10, and not mess it with extra installations or version changes.
    You can try
    Code:
    update-alternatives --config php
    update-alternatives --config php-cgi
    to get system default PHP back to 7.3, then Roundcube uses that. If this is not possible you would have to do a setup where roundcube is installed in a website and then that website is set up to use the PHP version you want, using ISPConfig additional PHP version mechanism.

2. ewkilian

ewkilian Member

I create a manual file "site.com" and then a2ensite site.com. Now I see the RoundCube.
    But when I want connect to a mailbox. I have the problem :
    error connection to storage server failed
    :mad::confused:
    GRRRR :(
    thank you for your time helping me

3. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

perhaps whatever you did before to update it, as 'su' rather than as 'su -' has messed something up somewhere, maybe it's worth going back over those commands, repeating them as 'su -' and see if that repairs any broken/missing config.
    alternatively, perhaps install everything onto a new clean vm, replicating this problem vm, and then compare them for missing packages, and config file differences.

4. ewkilian

ewkilian Member

Its possible that I must rebuild the Roundcube DataBase ? (Because I have Upgrade MariaDB) ?
    I have try to Update ISPCONFIG with "su -" but its the same issu

5. ewkilian

ewkilian Member

I have try :
    root@SRV:/var/www# dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-mysql
    root@SRV:/var/www# dpkg-reconfigure roundcube
    root@SRV:/var/www# dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core
    This instance of Roundcube is up-to-date.
    Have fun!
    apache2_invoke roundcube.conf: already enabled

it does not change anything

6. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

yes, but your 1st post states you updated the os and packages. perhaps that is where the problem is coming from,
    maybe whatever was updated then (using just 'su'?) is causing the problem and needs re-installing/repairing.

after all, if you have postfix installed on this machine, it should definitely also already have postmap and postalias, so there's something fundamentally more wrong with your system than just some misconfigured roundcube configs.

7. ewkilian

ewkilian Member

I have Try with
    "su -" and then apt-get update ans apt-get upgrade. and always the same problem.
    Dovecot is Up :
    Code:
     dovecot.service - Dovecot IMAP/POP3 email server
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/dovecot.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Mon 2020-11-02 14:26:16 CET; 2min 51s ago
         Docs: man:dovecot(1)
               http://wiki2.dovecot.org/
     Main PID: 20284 (dovecot)
        Tasks: 22 (limit: 4915)
       Memory: 19.2M

8. ewkilian

ewkilian Member

Now in the log I see that :
    Code:
    [02-Nov-2020 14:50:14 +0100]: <erokeg40> IMAP Error: Login failed for [email protected] from 123.456.789.1. Could not connect to localhost:143: Connection refused in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 200 (POST /webmail/?_task=login&_action=login)

9. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Was the IP-address you replaced with
    your IP-address? If yes, seems something is wrong with user and passwords settings in roundcube or e-mail.

10. ewkilian

ewkilian Member

no sorry 123.456.789.1 is a fake IP.
    No I'm very sure for the login and password :(.
    I reTry ! but... nothing... Don't Connect

11. cautbur

cautbur New Member

I was on same problem, and googling about my problem I reached to this page.

Could be late, but I was having the same problem moving a ISPConfig installation to a new server, from Debian 10 to a Debian 11, It gave me a "403 forbiden" when I was trying to access roundcube webmail. After check roundcube installation and apache2 roundcube conf, and compare with my old ones, I realized that there are differences with my old ISPConfig installation on my new /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/roundcube.conf.

The trick was change dir of a "Directory" directive, from:
    <Directory /var/lib/roundcube/public_html/>
    to:
    <Directory /var/lib/roundcube/>
    like it was on my old server.

I reload apache2 conf (systemctl reload apache2) and voilá!, Rouncube was working well after that.

I post my sollution because I think it could be usefful for other people if they have same problem, before checking other things.

Regards.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    zbuzanic, jon, Niubbo75 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

You save my day! :)