roundcube only 1 account?

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by willoriker, Feb 3, 2023.

1. willoriker

willoriker Member

hi to everybody?
    do somebody know why roundcube only give a cjance to open a unique email accont per browser??
    if you try to open in the same browser ( diferent tabs) change in one tab affect the other tab
    if i need to open 4 email in round cube i need 4 diferent browser! why?
    i trace google looking info, and only find info about a limitation of php code, but this article was very old!
    tx in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try using incognito windows in your browser so that the session cookie is not shared with the newly opened instance.

3. willoriker

willoriker Member

tx Til
    yeah, i use it, but i ilke to know why this behavior, because i read about this problem , and the most older entry was in 2006. there are any alternative to roundcube with ISPconfig´s compatibility ?
    Tx again,
    Tx in advance

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's the behaviour of almost any web app which uses cookie-based sessions, which today means basically any web app. Think about Google, you are logged in with your google account, now you open up another browser tab or window and what do you see, you are logged in at google as well there. That's the exact principle that you have with RoundCube, when you login, a session cookie is set and this session cookie is shared by all browser windows, except the ones in incognito mode. So there is no problem here and that#s why you don't find any posts on such a topic, it's just the way the internet and cookies in browsers work.

You can use any email client that is capable of using SMTP and POP3 or IMAP to connect to a postfix + dovecot mail system, so that's all not ISPConfig specific.

ahrasis likes this.
  5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What I use in Firefox is container tabs, so I can be logged in to separate accounts for the same web applications.