roundcube webmail not sending e-mail [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Sander Jansen, Jan 20, 2016.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I must admit that I really don't know why it fails on your server. I use this guide about once a week to install servers for our clients and it never failed yet.

As there are no errors in the log, it can even be a browser issue like a adblocker or something like that which interferes with the roundcube interface.

2. Sander Jansen

Sander Jansen New Member

I dont get it eighter... for now im just leaving it for what it is... maybe ill get back to it another time

Thanks a lot for all the time and help :)

3. Xakiru

Xakiru Guest

Hi guys,
    This is my first post here, but since I'm having the same issue after following the perfect-server tuto (ubuntu15.10), I registred to share with you my solution (replace the tinymce folder with the one from github):
    Code:
    mv /usr/share/roundcube/program/js/tinymce /usr/share/roundcube/program/js/tinymce_bak
    cd /tmp
    wget  https://codeload.github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/zip/master
    unzip -d master .
    cp -R roundcubemail-master/program/js/tinymce/* /usr/share/roundcube/program/js/tinymce/
    rm -R /usr/share/roundcube/program/js/tinymce_bak
    I hope this will help others who get stuck with this.
    Thanks,

till likes this.
  4. Sander Jansen

Sander Jansen New Member

This solved it for me, Thanks a lot :)
    there were some little mistakes in the code so here is a corrected one:

mv /usr/share/roundcube/program/js/tinymce /usr/share/roundcube/program/js/tinymce_bak
    cd /tmp
    wget https://codeload.github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/zip/master
    unzip -d . master
    mkdir /usr/share/roundcube/program/js/tinymce/
    cp -R roundcubemail-master/program/js/tinymce/* /usr/share/roundcube/program/js/tinymce/
    rm -R /usr/share/roundcube/program/js/tinymce_bak

again, credits to you, Xakiru :)

Xakiru likes this.
  5. osas Oribhabor

osas Oribhabor New Member

hello... i am having the same problem with my fresh install of ubuntu 18.04.
    when i get to the part of the code bellow
    i get the following error
    Code:
    cp: cannot stat 'roundcubemail-master/program/js/tinymce/*': No such file or directory
    please i need help.. i have been stock for days without been able to send or receive mails with roundcube.

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The error means copy can not find the file to copy. Did the wget and the unzip succeed? What does
    Code:
    ls -lh
    show after unzip? I noticed tke two previous posts have different unzip commands, which one did you use?

7. Taleman

What exactly is the problem?
    It would be a surprise if ISPConfig installed on Ubuntu 18.04 still had the same problem with tinymce that 15.10 had.

8. osas Oribhabor

Code:
    root@vps---:/tmp# ls -lh
    total 35M
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root    0 Jul  5 02:53 ]
    drwxrwxr-x 10 root root 4.0K Jul  3 10:12 ispconfig3-stable-3.1-88240a914d1e12e6d2e72b3f975360b4c8426bae
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 2.9M Jul  4 14:23 ispconfig.tar.gz
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 5.3M Jul  4 17:13 master
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 5.3M Jul  4 17:14 master.1
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 5.3M Jul  4 17:52 master.2
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 5.3M Jul  4 18:01 master.3
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 5.3M Jul  5 02:50 master.4
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 5.3M Jul  5 03:16 master.5
    drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 4.0K Jul  5 03:18 roundcubemail-master
    drwx------  3 root root 4.0K Jul  5 03:12 systemd-private-2fde1acf3ed14cf7ae7541eacc8be737-apache2.service-TDJ7mv
    drwx------  3 root root 4.0K Jul  4 14:25 systemd-private-2fde1acf3ed14cf7ae7541eacc8be737-dovecot.service-Sbve3M
    drwx------  3 root root 4.0K Jul  4 14:14 systemd-private-2fde1acf3ed14cf7ae7541eacc8be737-haveged.service-snN3xd
    drwx------  3 root root 4.0K Jul  4 14:16 systemd-private-2fde1acf3ed14cf7ae7541eacc8be737-memcached.service-GELyZs
    drwx------  3 root root 4.0K Jul  4 14:14 systemd-private-2fde1acf3ed14cf7ae7541eacc8be737-systemd-resolved.service-54R3wG
    drwx------  3 root root 4.0K Jul  4 14:14 systemd-private-2fde1acf3ed14cf7ae7541eacc8be737-systemd-timesyncd.service-rQuU0U
    root@vpp---:/tmp#

9. osas Oribhabor

i cant receive or send mail using roundcube. after fresh install of ispconfig on ubuntu 18.04.. i followed to the howtoforge tutorial and got no errors apart an error when i was trying to install quota..(i dont think that has anything to do with roundcube)

10. Taleman

You write
    Are you certain the problem is with Roundcube, and the server can send and receive e-mails? It seems to me your problem is not related to the problem this thread started with, you should have started a new thread.
    If this is a new install of ISPConfig, I would just start from the beginning and install the host again, and be very careful to follow the Perfect Server quide exactly.
    If however you can see from mail log that mail does come and go (use
    Code:
    tail -f /var/log/mail.log
    when you test by sending mail to this host or from this host), the problem may be just Roundcube, but I still suggest you just install again and if problem persists start a new thread and show mail config and mail.log. There are many threads on this forum about mail problems, see those for troubleshooting tips.