RoundCube

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by nveid, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

@letic: Did you upgrade or just a fresh install?

2. paulrobert_a

paulrobert_a New Member

oh! yeah when upgrading you'll need to save your original database file otherwise it'll be overwritten with the default one. Sorry about that!

3. jockstrap

jockstrap New Member

PaulRobert - Love it! Thanks heaps...

The only problem I seems to have atm is the "Return Receipt" does not seem to work for me - but this could be my network? But did not work for gmail account either?

Do you know if it should working or still a bug?

4. paulrobert_a

paulrobert_a New Member

Hi jockstrap,

I'm sorry I don't use that function, you'll need to check with the roundcube forums for that.

5. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Thanks for the update paulrobert_a, but I still having lots of problems with RoundCube.

1) When going to the Folders option it's listing all the folders of the directory

[​IMG]

2) When doing a spellcheck, it's giving me an error was encountered on the server. Please try again later.

[​IMG]

3) After the spellcheck error an extra button gets added.
    (in this example I've done the spellcheck 2 times)

[​IMG]

Please note that I'm using IE7 (beta)... So this migh be causing problem 2 and 3.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  6. letic

letic New Member

@Ben

Upgrade but I think Paul already answered for me :)

@edge

I try here but couldn't reproduce the issue you're reporting... I think you should ask on the roundcube forums instead.

7. jockstrap

jockstrap New Member

@paul robert...

Sorry - must be my network, i tried from work tonight and reply received ok...
    Thanks..

8. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

After the upgrade I only see 2 languages: English (GB) and English (UK).

How can I get additional language packs (specifically, Dutch and German) installed? Also, I can't find the different themes or new functionality that is mentioned.....

So I reverted back to the version on the ISPConfig download page.

Still, this probably is one of the most interesting webmail clients available so I definitely want to update it!

9. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I think that in problem 1. It's because it's the main (administrator) email account.

The 3rd problem is I think IE7 (beta) that is causing the error.

I'll give it a go later with IE6.

10. paulrobert_a

paulrobert_a New Member

Hi wr19026,

Sorry this was my fault, I've used my installed copy to re-create the pkg file, since I'm the only user, I didn't require the other languages. I've now updated the pkg to include all the languages contained within the roundcube tar file. Just re-download the pkg

As for the skins, you need to change your 'main.inc.php' to whatever skin you want to run. There should be 6 to choose from, blue, BlueTabby, default, icandy2, red, white.

11. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I have installed RoundCube v0.1-beta2 according the "how to" at URL http://paulstamatiou.com/2005/10/29/how-to-setup-roundcube-webmail-on-your-server/

(So NOT with the pkg file for ISPConfig).

I have to say that everything is functioning very fine with this version!
    I can not confirm that all file(folders) are visible as on your server.
    Only when i login with the administrator account of a domain the vacation and vaction.cache are visible.

12. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I tried pauls how to as well, but all I get on the main page is a very blank page. btw. I had to delete the .htaccess as that gave me a server error...

p.s. no errors inside /var/log/apache/error.log no mysql error, mysql data is correct.

###edit###
    SOLVED
    some eerrors seemed to have occured when executing the sql => DB

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  13. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

Great, thanks!

Just one additional question though: the page titel says: welcome to digital servitude.com webmail portal

Where do I change this? I tried changing the config file rcmail_config['product_name'] but that's already set to RoundCube Mail

Also, what I really like is the nnotice on the login screen that tells you "Username should include your domain (ie [email protected])"

What file do I need to modify to personalize that?

14. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

15. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think this will be posiible when you use the ISPConfig remoting framework.

16. yfastud

yfastud New Member

Hi edge, did you solve the problem yet? I didn't get the same problem, but the spellcheck didn't work at all no matter in IE or FF (Firefox). Please, post the solution if any. Thanks in advance.

17. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

Other observation: (apart from page title and login screen not being anonymous); when I log in and want to go to Preferences it takes me back to the login screen and when I'm trying to log in it tells me that there already is an active session.

So I changed back to the version on the ISPConfig website until the next pkg is available.

And another question: where is the RC preferences information stored? I can't see a seperate database with phpmyadmin but after removing RC and reinstalling it (using the pkgs) it still recognizes my preferences.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  18. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

It appears that the "customized" page name and login screen are part of the BlueTabby skin.

19. paulrobert_a

paulrobert_a New Member

Hey Folks,

I've updated the roundcube package again, this one is from SVN rev 334, this rev includes database changes, and an updated BlueTabby theme.

For those you wish to maintain their current database, please back it up, replace the one from the package and manually update the sqlite database yourself.

Please don't contact me for support, I only created the package. For all support queries, please direct them to the roundcube forums.

Thanks!

The Download

20. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Thanks a lot! :)