Save in Management/Server/Settings doesn't work

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jmroth, Sep 9, 2005.

1. jmroth

jmroth New Member

Hi there,
    saving the settings in Management/Server/Settings doesn't work...
    I can see a process
    Code:
    /root/ispconfig/php/php -q /root/ispconfig/scripts/writeconf.php
    after clicking on save which runs for about 2 mins. (and obviously fails, since .ispconfig_lock is still there after it disappears)
    Meanwhile ISPConfig sends me to the server status page and when I return to the server settings, again "Server 1", www (the default stuff) is displayed.
    Where do I have to look to find out what's wrong? What is writeconf.php trying to do? Where is this information stored in the database? Is there a log file which tells me what's going on?
    Regards,
    ~jm

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you edit something in Management/Server/Settings, the configuration for all websites is updated so it may take some time depending on how many websites you have. If the lockfile does not disappear, have a look at the ispconfig logfile:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/ispconfig.log

When you always get the default stuff in the server settings, have a look at the mySQL database, how many records are in the table isp_server? There should be only one, generated by the installer script or have you installed the sql-dump manually?

3. jmroth

jmroth New Member

Hi there,
    I have actually done the dump manually and the isp_server table is empty...
    I did it this way because the installer script complained because the table was already there...
    The logfile says nothing except
    INFO - Signalfile Set: update
    Regards,
    ~jm

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Installing the dump manually wont work!

1) Delete ISPConfig:

rm -rf /root/ispconfig
    rm -rf /home/admispconfig

2) Delete the mySQL databse with e.g phpMyAdmin. The complete database, not only the tables inside.

3) Unpack the installer again and run the setup script.

If you have any problems with the installer, please post them to the forum.