Saving/storing sent e-mails

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Emsanator, Jun 12, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Emsanator

Emsanator Member

Hello,
    I'm having a problem with my sent emails being stored in the "sent" box and I need your help. All e-mails I send through the Outlook application on the phone or computer are saved successfully. However, I noticed that the emails I send with PHPMailer are not saved in the "sent" box.

I checked the "email" unit on the ISPconfig control panel, but couldn't find any options, features or pages for saving sent emails.
    Therefore, I would like your suggestions and guidance to ensure that the emails I send with PHPMailer can also be stored in the "sent" box.

I look forward to your support on the matter. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I believe this is a setting in the e-mail client. Outlook, Thunderbird etc have a setting to store sent mail to a folder.
    I do not know phpmailer, but Internet Search Engines with
    Code:
    phpmailer sent folder
    find articles.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is done by the mail client, as @Taleman explained, so your problem is not ISPConfig related.

4. Emsanator

Emsanator Member

It may not be related to ISPconfig, I think it may be related to the configuration of the integrated mail server. Because I was using ZohoMail before and it was saving every email. Then after I started sending emails via my own server, I realized it wasn't saved.

How can I access the configuration files of the mail server?
    Maybe by chance I can change something and start it recording:)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, it's not. As mentioned above, the email client stores the sent emails and only the email client decides if and where sent emails get stored.

Why do you want to access files unrelated to our problem? Please reread the message from @Taleman. He explained to you that it's the email client which stores the sent emails on the server, it's not the server. Check the config of your mail client, there, you can configure where and how sent emails get stored. First, you must use IMAP to connect to an email server if you want to store emails on it instead of storing them locally. Besides that, you can configure in your email client in which IMAP folder sent emails get stored, that's all neither related to ISPConfig nor the Email server configuration.

ahrasis likes this.
  6. vincent1890

vincent1890 New Member