secure imap proxy for my isps insecure pop email

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by HughJ, Oct 28, 2015.

1. HughJ

HughJ New Member

My isp provides an email service which includes pop3 and webmail. The pop3 is not secure so I can't use it when I'm roaming.
    I have other email addresses gmail etc which I access using imap, but these services are located offshore and so are subject to local government interception and foreign government seizure. When I'm roaming, I'm forced to use my isps webmail access which is inconvenient and not well implemented.
    I have a server at home which is capable of email. It can also be used to retrieve the isps pop mail. I want to provide secure imap access to this home server, but I want it to mirror or proxy my isps mail server so that I can use it like an imap server for my isp.
    I want to use an email client to access an imap account on my home server which supplies my isps email addresses. I want to keep using my isps email address since it's both well known and local.
    I've had a look at Perdition and Dovecot, but they don't seem to do what I want or I can't figure out how to configure them.
    Does anyone have any advice on this problem or could help me to set this up?
    Cheers