Securing ISPConfig panel with PositiveSSL

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by laptop_user, Sep 6, 2015.

1. laptop_user

laptop_user Member

From the tutorial to secure ISPC with StartSSL here : https://www.howtoforge.com/securing...h-a-free-class1-ssl-certificate-from-startssl

I quote a step here :
    You can't pick your own subdomain with PositiveSSL so you can't use server1. PositiveSSL only secure your domain and www subdomain.

How do I solve this problem? My current setup for service is server1.mydomain.com and I can't secure server1 subdomain. Help me please. I just migrate from StartSSL.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can have a postive ssl certficate for subdomains like server1.example.com. Just create a csr for server1.example.com (or use the existing one) and let it sig from comodo.

3. laptop_user

laptop_user Member

Yes but if I do that I can only secure server1.example.com. I want to secure server1.example.com and example.com like at StartSSL. They told me this:

However they also secure www subdomain for free. That's mean they also secure www.server1.example.com.

Help me please Till.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then buy 2 ssl certs, one for the main domain incl. ww subdomain and one for the server1 subdomain or get a multidomain ssl cert from comodo, but thats more expebnsive then 2 single certs.

DDArt and laptop_user like this.
  5. laptop_user

laptop_user Member

I'm actually looking at multi domain from QuickSSL but you a genius. I think I will bought 2 cert.