Sending SPAM via Procmail to special Recipient

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by JohnSmith, Apr 5, 2007.

1. JohnSmith

JohnSmith New Member

Hi,

is it possible, e.g. via procmail, to filter all marked (***SPAM***) Mails, and send them to a special Mailaccount, instead the original account?

Can I change something in the ISPConfig config or can I change it manually per user or will ISPConfig overwrite my scripts?

The idea behind this is the following:
    - No incomming Mail will be deleted or send to /dev/null
    - All SPAM is stored centralized so e.g. the Postmaster can have a look on those Mails and can filter the false positives. All other Mails could be manual send to spamassasin for better learning...

Actual I can mark or delete them. We have some users wich recieve about 95% of SPAM and they sometimes have false positives... so deleting SPAM is not the key.
    This server has only POP3 (NO IMAP available) - do not ask me why but they do not like to change that, so I have to find another solution. Sending SPAM to another centralized SPAM-Account may be a good workaround.

Thanks for any Help.
    By the way - ISPConfig fits > 90% of our needs - great job!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You may change this in the .spamassassin.rc procmail file in the users home directory, but ISPConfig will overwrite this when the user is updated the next time.

To change it permanantly for all new / updated users, edit the file /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/spamassassin.rc.master instead.

3. JohnSmith

JohnSmith New Member

Hi till,

thanks for the tip, it works fine ;-)
    For everybody who is not familiar with procmail, here is the rule:
    --snip----------
    :O:
    # no loops please
    * !^X-Loop: [email protected]
    # the filter itself
    * ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
    # whom do all the spam is send to
    ! [email protected]
    --snap---------

But looking at this a new question comes up (sorry):

How can I build a procmail filter per user without the overwriting by ISPConfig?
    e.g. a user likes to get a cc of all his mails to his blackberry
    If I use ISPConfig to send this mail, the mail will be sent before the SPAM-Filters start, but the user wants only the mails after spamassassin has tested them.
    With a procmail filter rule this is easy to do, but it always gets overwritten by ISPConfig... any idea?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This is not implemented yet in ISPConfig. :(