Separate MYSQL Server phpMyAdmin access

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by intelix, Aug 4, 2015.

1. intelix

intelix New Member

Hello, I have setup separate mysql server and added it to the master server.
    I can now create a new database and specify the new server as the host. I have the following questions:
    1. When creating new database users it does not give me the option to select on which server. Am i right to assume that they are created on the master server and then replicated to the other database servers? Or do they only get created on the master server and they get remote acces assigned to them during database creation?

2. I did create a test database on the new server. When I click on the admin link to open the myphpadmin it automatically takes me to the master server which does not contain this database. Do I need to follow any extra steps to me to connect to the new server via myphpadmin?
    At this point I only have phpmyadmin installed on the master server. Do I need to install it also on the new DB server?
    I am running the latest version of ISPConfig.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

The db-user is connected to a database. A new db-users is not created until you create a db, too.

You can add you db-server to your phpmyadmin-installation on the master-server.