serial mouse Mandriva 2006

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by markandeya, May 2, 2006.

1. markandeya

markandeya New Member

Dear Friends,
    Serial mouse is working ok during installation and upgradw but doesn't work after starting up. I changed the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to : Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "Microsoft"
    Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
    EndSection
    This works on another computer at my work place. I also used "/dev/stty0" with no go.
    The mouse works in Windows and it works during dvd upgrade and install process.

Any suggestions please!!! Thank you all.:rolleyes:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you change /etc/X11/xorg.conf before or after your mouse stopped working?

3. markandeya

markandeya New Member

serial mouse not working and then still not working

The mouse didn't work directly upon the installation finishing and rebooting. It worked during installation. then after i tried some tricks and edited the xorg.conf file. When i reinstalled from the dvd the mouse again worked during instalation. The mouse works in windows on the same machine. Maybe "/dev/mouse" isn't correct adn a different port is needed?? But on another machine at work i have a serial mouse and installed the same Linux Mandriva 2006 and after changing the xorg.conf file to "Microsoft" from ps2 it works fine. any suggestions or things to try will be appreciated.

4. Xanatos333

Xanatos333 New Member

I'm currently using a serial mouse in Mandriva 2006. The mouse is an Intellimouse Trackball with a scroll wheel. It is plugged into Com Port 1 on my laptop and the entry for the xorg.conf is as follows:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IntelliMouse"
    Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection

Hopefully this information helps you out.

NOTE: the ZAxisMapping option is to get the wheel working. The numbers might be different if you have more buttons on your mouse or can be omitted if you don't have a wheel.