Server Settings problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by puglima, Apr 6, 2006.

1. puglima

puglima New Member

Dear friends,

1) After three or four tentatives I finaly have running ISPConfig in my test Debian 3.1 box (debian perfect setup).
    I have logged in ispconfig but I can't add the server conigurations in management->Server->Settings.
    It simple don't work. How to solve this?

2) I have a production server with a proprietary control panel. The e-mails and passwords are saved in a Mysql database and the passwords are encrypted with MD5.
    Can I migrate this e-mails and passwords to ispconfig? The password data in ispconfig are encrypted or plain text?

Sorry for my poor english. I'm brazilian. :)

Thanks

Jeff

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the exact problem? Isn't the page loading, or is it something different?

This doesn't work because ISPConfig uses system users instead of virtual users.

3. puglima

puglima New Member

Thanks for your reply, Falko.

The problem is that the "save" buttom has no effect when I try to save changes in Server Settings Form (like server name, domain, IP list, etc.). No information is saved.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you got any errors during ISPConfig installation or did you install the mysql database dump manually?

5. puglima

puglima New Member

Server Settings

No errors. I have uploaded the ispconfig database manually. Any sugestion to solve this?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you upload the database manually, the installation will fail and ISPConfig wont work.

Uninstall ISPConfig by running:

/root/ispconfig/uninstall

Make sure that the database you enter in the ISPConfig installer does not exist before! The installer creates the database itself.

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Till forget to mention: after you've uninstalled ISPConfig, install it again. :) If you see any errors during the installation, please post them here.