Setting FTP Login Names and Website naming.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jubalint, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Jubalint

Jubalint New Member

Hi, just wondering if I can change how the users option for sites is implimented a bit. Like can I make it so that the user automatically gets at least a single ftp account when I add the new site? That would be nice.

Also what's a simple way to make the ftp login names be the user's login name or maybe website_loginname instead of web1_name? Having user's logins ranked by web1, web2, web3 looks a little unproffesional I think.

Thanks for your time :).

2. lyndros

lyndros New Member

a) i think that setting the administrator user in Users & email , is not to complicate it, and u dont have to change anything.

b) yes u can do it if u go Management-> System Config -> Settings & u press on ISP Manager , here u can change the user prefix, but dont forget that using webid is for a reason, imagine that u have 2 clients,their name are
    Juan Martinez Merlo & Juan Martin Mendoza, in this way this two customers try to open this account [email protected] and the second guy [email protected], ispconfig needs to create systems accounts without webid prefix u'll get an error because will try to create jmm & jmm so if u dont want to have id prefix u can try with domain name for prefix for example.

hope that helps :p see u :D

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you want to add a functionality like this, have a look at the file:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_web.lib.php

The file contains functions that where called after a website is created (web_insert), updated (web_update) and deleted (web_delete).

But be aware, that might loose your changes after the next ISPConfig update.