setting group getting removed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mattias, Nov 13, 2007.

1. mattias

mattias New Member

everytime i add group "users" to all my users. after a while, it seems like ISPConfig removes the groups i've added them to, and it only contains the webX group.

I need this since im limiting cpu time and such for security in /etc/security/limits.conf

I don't know why ISPConfig removes other groups, but is there a way to prevent this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am not aware that ISPConfig removes other groups, but you might want to have a look in the file /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php, there you will find the user_insert and user_update functions.

3. mattias

mattias New Member

wow nice. i've added some extra stuff already, still looking for group and trying to figure out what all the variables are doing ^.^
    I just can't seem to understand where to find the variable for $mod->system->get_user_groups();

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ there must be a file called system.lib.php (or similar) which contains the function get_user_groups();

$mod is a global bject that works like this:

// Load the system library:
    $mod->uses('system');

// call a functon from the system class
    $mod->system->anyfunction();

In case of the system class, it is loaded at the beginning but the mechanism can be interesting if you want to load your own custom class.

5. mattias

mattias New Member

okay, seems i got users group to stay when i update user password and stuff, but not when i change settings on the site. so close to get it to work :)
    basically, the users group gets removed when i save there on site setting. and only webX remains

edit:
    i got it to work...
    in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php
    line 92:
    $group = "web".$doc_id.",users";

i think that would solve it for all changes i did

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007