Setting up dansguardian on CentOS 5.1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by networkengineer, Jun 27, 2008.

1. networkengineer

networkengineer New Member

I'm trying to set up dansguardian as a filter- I'm so close to being there--but I can't figure out whats wrong!

My setup: squid and dansguardian 2.8 on a centos 5.1 box.

squid works if I put in ACLs to block certain domains and as a proxy it works because I can connect to it.

When I installed dansguardian initially, I had a problem of connecting to the proxy server on local host, and I found there had to be an ACL allowing this. I tried that then dansguardian started up properly.

I am using default port 3128 for squid and dansguardian is listening on port 80, because the test machines are connected to squid through 3128, so I assume dansguardian listens to traffic on 80...

Alas, DG doesn't filter content.
    Any help is appreciated!

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

have you read the docs on how to chain dansguardian with squid, as far as i remember users should connect to dansguardian which in turn makes a request to squid but i have not used the setup in a long time i could be wrong

3. networkengineer

networkengineer New Member

Where can I find this documentation; I thought the other way around, since the proxy is squid, and then dansguardian filters content through it..

There weren't clear instructions on this aspect of setting it up...

4. topdog

topdog Active Member