Sick..

Discussion in 'General' started by fobicodam, Jul 9, 2006.

1. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Ok, another problem, this time with PHP...

Webalizer doesnt run last night (thats not a surprise) then i try to run it manualy (again), when im tring to run :

/root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php

I get this error:

Superado el lÃ*mite de tamaño de fichero

Its on spanish, means something like "file length limit exceded" or something like the file is to big to open it.. logs are around 2Gb files, i read somewhere a 2Gb limit for the linux kernel... can you help me?

In second step.. is there any webalizer-like program running under windows? i will share the log folder and run a loganalizer under a real SO...

2. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Ok, after 3 hours debuggin the logs.php script i found the error source. Take a look at this, it could be considered a bug:

The script splits the mail log file and put it on the website log folder, i dont know why, as if some clients want to spend his mb limits in logs.. but well.. ok, its not the matter. The problem here is, if you have a "real" production website, the log file is a LOT bigger than 2Gb. I have sites with 30Gb in logs monthly.

The solution was to delete the client log file.. for a real fix, can you check the log size before the process? or may be, a log file per day, not per month?

3. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Question.. is there any problem if i run the "log.php" "webalizer.php" scripts every hour? the stats will be accurate?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you run it more often then once a day (in the morning!), your stats will be incorrect.

5. till

This seems to be a problem in your linux filsystem and not ISPConfig if your filesystem does not support files > 2GB.

6. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

As i installed it as the "perfect setup" says i consider it as both... but ok, im trying to fix it. Is the log file in the site folder usefull for something? can i erase it every day to avoid to reach to the 2gb limit?

7. till

You dont have to erase the file manually, just set the :cool: max size in MB (e.g.1000) in the settings of this website under optionns. the default is 30% of the website size, but when your site has unlimited webspace, you must set it to an absolute number if you want ISPConfig to delete files that are getting too big.