Sitebuilder

Discussion in 'General' started by Mahir, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Mahir

Mahir New Member

Hello i have the question is there any Sitebuilder that works with ISPconfig ?
    so that some of the Hostingplans can use this ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I know none that was tested with ISPConfig.

Till

3. matehortua

matehortua New Member

im using MAMBO and its working perfect on a site on my ISPconfig server.

so you can give your clients a fresh MAMBO install so they can make their page.

4. alvadore

alvadore New Member

May ask how you got the Mambo files into your site?

I've tried just moving an existing Mambo site from one server to the site I created on a fresh install of ISPConfig, and it will not work. I even logged in via SSH and created a phpinfo.php file that also will not display. However, if I take that same phpinfo.php file and use ISPConfigs "Web-FTP" file upload tool, it displays perfectly. Do you think this mean I'll need to move each and every Mambo file one by one? That would be inconceivably painful.

Perhaps I'm missing a step. I've read the manual and not found anything stating that they will only work if uploaded via the Web-FTP tool or that there are other steps to take if you uncompress them from a tarball.

5. domino

domino New Member

It seams tht you aren't getting the correct permission on the files you are transfering to ISPConfig. Archive (with tar command) the Mambo installation from the old server and copy the archive to ISPConfig. Then you unarchive it from ISPC. That will preserve the file permissions and group/owner name so the script can be executed. If the file permissions and owner is not allowed in ISPC, you need to chown all the files and directories. Read the mambo docs for the correct chmod on specific files and folders to be changed in Mambo as well.

For the Mambo database, you need to go to the dev site and read the correct way to backup the mambo db. The backup in phpMyAdmin needs to be configured and exported a certain way to be able to import the db to the new server properly.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

How did you move the files? Maybe it's a problem with Windows line breaks in the files...

7. till

You have to copy the files in the "web" folder, not in the root folder of the FTP account.

8. alvadore

alvadore New Member

I used WinSCP to take them from one server to my windows Ex-Pee box then used WinSCP to move them to the "web" folder for their respective sites.

I've got it workign correctly now. Unfortunately I'll have to step back to my original setup for a bit. You see, three of my sites are running WordPress, one is version 1.3a, the other two are version 1.5. The 1.5 version sites work great, no problems. But the 1.3a version site does not work correctly. I'm also running two Joomla sites (newest thing from the Mambo team), and they work great also.

I just don't have the time at the moment to upgrade the WordPress 1.3a site to 1.5. It has a lot of customization in it and upgrading is going to take a day or two. Presently I'm rebuilding the engine on my Suburban, so I really don't have the time to devote to an upgrade like that.

What's important is that I can get ISPConfig up and working now. Once I've done that upgrade I'll be using it again.

Thanks for all the help folks, I really appreciate it.

Al

9. till

I'am sure this problem is not related to ISPConfig, baecause run even old PHP3 apps on it. maybe you have enabled SafeMode and this breaks the old wordpress version. Try to disable PHP SafeMode in the settings of the website or tweak your php.ini if Wordpress 1.3 need register globals = on.