Slave server cannot reboot - turns into emergency mode

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by LotNoMore, Apr 14, 2017.

1. LotNoMore

LotNoMore Member

This server has the smallest RAM 512 MB. It had this problem several times and it happened again - see the attached screenshot for boot.
    Basically I have successfully set a master/slave cluster with another server as master and this as the slave server. Bother servers are running Ubuntu 16.10 and ISPconfg3.1 (for the latter the slave server was installed in expert mode).
    The master server boots every time without any problem. But this server seems to always have problem booting after everything is set up properly..
    Hopefully you could help pin-point the problem. Thanks!
    This screenshot was taken during booting...
    [​IMG]
    This taken when it got stuck in the emergency mode...
    [​IMG]
    Note that I have removed the section that the ISPconfig manual suggests to add for Dovecot sync after hearing back from Florian's suggestions made here: https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/doveadm-replicator-status.76135/

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. LotNoMore

LotNoMore Member

Appears to relate to these services: quota and quotatool as they generate a timeout error. Should I remove them and then what?
    Note that I have already installed ISPconfig on this slave server in expert mode.

3. LotNoMore

LotNoMore Member

Maybe I am confused about the master/slave cluster setup. My understanding is this: I could use this setup to create everything from the master server ISPconfig interface, including creating websites that are located on both the master and slave servers. Correct? If not, then this is what I wanted.
    I remember testing this... when I clicked System from master server ISPconfig interface, I see both master and slaver listed. But when I click Sites and then "Add new website", the slave server is not listed for selection for the new site. Why? Well, the slave server cannot be booted right now. But even when it was working, I could still not see it for new website creation.

4. LotNoMore

LotNoMore Member

OK, after re-reading the PDF manual, I realize that what I need is a MUlTISERVER SETUP, not this MIRROR setup. I do not want to split services. The PDF manual gives only the split-service multiserver setup.

ahrasis likes this.