slow Postfix Active queue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Fumble, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Fumble

Fumble Member

Hello,

My main issue, is that my active queue is too slow...

This server is use as a MX, so he is just forwarding email to other server. And he is receiving a lot of message. I would like him to treat email in active queue quicker.

I already tried to multiple the number of amavis process:

$max_servers = X; in /etc/amavis/50-users
    and
    amavis unix - - - - - smtp in master.cf

with no success...

what I was thinking about as I can't find a solution to make treatment quicker, was to create a custom transport rule with no content filter...

So I can disable the content filter for specific domain directly in IspConfig GUI.

But I can't figure out how to make that... Not even sure if it's possible...

If it's not any other proposition to increase postfix treatment time are welcome.

regards,

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

Are there any errors in your mail log?

Does it have any error messages?

Do you have valid nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf? Also make sure that your server isn't blacklisted: http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

3. Fumble

Fumble Member

hi,

no, there is no error, it is just...slow

i am not blacklisted, and yes, I do have valid name servers configure.

Thanks for your help

4. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Check your mail-log to find out why a single is processed slowly. It could be amavis, spamassassin, clamav is not running, postfix delivers slowly...

5. Fumble

Fumble Member

I just figured out that $max_servers didn't changed correctly...

So I just reapplied it and now I have more than 2 amavis process that are running... So, active queue seems to run more faster!

But I'm still wondering if it's possible to disable content filter for specific recipient?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can just disable it for all users. amavisd is quite scalable, we have some custimers that run 60 processes per mail server. So as long that you have enough ram, then you can set it to a quite high number.