SME server Password strength

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Jshel, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Jshel

Jshel New Member

Hello,
    I have installed SME server 7.1 on a new machine so far I like the way it operates but the password strength is way to much for what we need.
    I am mostly familiar with RedHat and Fedora, I'm already seeing the differences in centOS. But for the life of me I can't find where to change the Requirements for passwords. I have found a work around but it is a pain, I have to Manually set the samba passwd and unix account passwd then edit the e-smith user file to unlock the account. This presents a big problem because I don't have the time to change every ones password myself. and for any that has done administration, users don't really like giving you a password either. Does any one have an Idea on this. Thanks a ton.
    Joe

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. Jshel

Jshel New Member

webmail without ispconfig

Never mind this post I became irritated and put fedora on, running the perfect server setup. I do have one question is there a way to use web mail without ispconfig

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, you can configure your email accounts manually (see http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2 ) and then install Uebimiau or Squirrelmail or some other webmailer.