smtp port redirect without breaking ISPconfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by zenny, Mar 17, 2016.

1. zenny

zenny Member

Hi,

I would like to redirect the smtp port (25) in a VPS server running ISPConfig3 as a mail server to another port (say 26) in the home server running ISPconfig3 with all services.

Mail<----------> Via VPS (port25) <----------> to Home Server (port26)-- the final storage of mails.

Is there a way to do so without breaking ISPconfig3 without using smtp port redirection providers?***

Input appreciated. Thanks!

/z

*** Something like this but on your own: https://www.dnsexit.com/Direct.sv?cmd=mailRelay

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

try to enter in the relay server field in server config settings: my.targetserver.tld:26

zenny likes this.
  3. zenny

zenny Member

> try to enter in the relay server field in server config settings: my.targetserver.tld:26

Thanks @till for your prompt response.

§1 And there are "RelayHost user" and "RelayHost password" fields, are they required to be filled-in? If so, what user and password is it referring to?

§2 Do I need to reconfigure the destination mail server, too?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  4. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can leave the user and password empty, if the relay-server (your home server) accepts the mail from the server. With postfix just add the ip from your vps to mynetworks and reload postfix.

zenny likes this.