Softaculous on ISPConfig 3.1

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Quaxth, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Thanks, done that.
    Just a side note: I've quite a bit to work with German and Swiss People because I understand the German Language. One of the main problems for Asian people are the (for Asian people) aggressive talking in spoken and written! This is on many occasion the main problem in misunderstandings!
    OK, have to carry on the install of that server!

2. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I was trying to create that file and couldn't, neither with WinSCP nor with puTTY, no permission! And try to change permission are denied:
    [​IMG]

How I could change the permission?

Thanks.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Login with putty as root, then run:

nano /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/tools/lib/menu.d/test.menu.php

then enter this lines into the file:

Code:
    <?php

$items[] = array( 'title' => 'Softaculous',
    'target' => '_blank',
    'link' => 'http://123.456.789.012:8899/softaculous');

$module['nav'][] = array( 'title' => 'Test',
    'open' => 1,
    'items' => $items);

unset($items);

?>

Replace the IP with your IP.

Then run in putty:

chown ispconfig:ispconfig /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/tools/lib/menu.d/test.menu.php

to change the owner of the file to the ispconfig user and group.

4. till

And don't forget to post the softaculous file from the directory /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/tools/lib/menu.d/

OptimBro likes this.
  5. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

That's exactly what I'd done and get the error as in the picture above!
    By the way, that's why using puTTY and Nano, with the exact same commands!

I've to tell: I use to start puTTY as user and log on, use the command SU and the Root Password for to get full Root Access, and that ends up with the error. I'm tomorrow in the morning in the office with that server and will try again directly on the server, not via puTTY and remote! Maybe that's the problem.
    Thanks anyway for the help.

6. till

I login here with a different user as well and use sudo su, works fine. Are you sure that ISPCofig is installed already? And that you are really root user after the sudo command, you can test it with the command:

whoami

it should return "root".

And please post the output of:

ls -la /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/tools/lib/menu.d/

as root. And you can post already the softaculous file from that directory which should be there when you installed softaculous (and the menu point for it shows up in ISPConfig).

OptimBro likes this.
  7. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

This is the output of ../menu.d;
    [​IMG]
    I'm now in company office and connected to the Debian Server with ISPConfig directly as root.
    And this is the file softaculous.menu.php:
    [​IMG]
    Note: I'm double connected to the server: 1 directly on the Server it self and 2. using puTTY from within my Laptop for to create the Screenshots and post them here at the forum. Via puTTY I/m logged in as user, ru SU and use the Root Password, WHOAMI shows I'm connected as ROOT!

8. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

OK, started ISPC and the new menu is there:
    [​IMG]
    Try to connect to that new menu and get:
    [​IMG]
    I'll add now the https:// in front of the IP:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll edit the test.menu.php file and change http to https to look that will help?!
    [​IMG]

9. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

OK, that helped, just get the error again not to be logged into ISPConfig, which I truly am!!
    Using the Softaculous button from the Autoinstaller Menu come up without Port:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Adding just the Port to the URL and press Enter, and I'm into Softaculous:
    [​IMG]

So, WHY it shows in that I'm not logged in, I simply logged in fully?
    Anyway, could you just please explain how to change the Log On to normal http and disable https in ISPC?

Thanks and best regards

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  10. till

Yes. If softaculous uses https, then the URL needs to use https in the link as well.

Ok, that's the file as I expected it and which is similar to the test file I wrote for you, they just missed to add the port in their file thats why you end up on the wrong port.

Contact Softaculous and ask them. I have not developed softaculous so I can't tell you how their software does the auto login from ISPConfig.

Edit the ISPConfig vhost file /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost and comment out all SSL lines, then restart apache.

OptimBro likes this.
  11. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Thanks, Till.

I think I'll comment out that SSL lines.

I just had read: "How to Encrypt your Data with EncFS on Debian 8" and have some question
    1. if I use Samba and/or WebDAV for to have access to Data Files on the server, those data files will all in the Home folder, right?
    2. special with Samba, there would be no problem on local LAN but WAN about security?
    3. If I install EncFS for all folders and Files in Home Folder, for to encrypt the files, would that work?
    4. or, is there a better solution?
    The fact is, my friend is working with mainly Excel Worksheets and those containing Macros and a lot of Links. Thos Files are shared in his Office and also from within the Internet on his Desktop. He just would like to have them on the Server. What would be the best way?

Thanks for any info.

12. till

I haven't used EncFS with Samba and I don't use Samba on web servers connected to the internet. You should try it with EncFS, then you can see if it works. Personally, I would use WebDAV over SSL instead of samba when you plan to connect over a public network, and WebDAV is built in in ISPConfig, so you basically need no additional configuration when you setup your server by following the perfect server guide with apache web server.

OptimBro and ei8ht like this.
  13. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Thanks a lot for the answer.
    I maybe try with Samba on my own old server?!
    What's about to still use EncFS with WebDAV? I really don't know if my friend will use his data often over the Internet. I'll talk with him on Monday because we having already some Holidays in Thailand: Thai New Year or better Songkran! And that goes until Monday! It just was a great time for me to change the whole systems of my friend and got all back working without interruption!
    Anyway, WebDAV should be installed fully, me think, I didn't had problem with that at Server and ISPC Install! So, that should works out of the Box! Mayby need some more infos about the How too, just will read about that before.
    I'm already on the move to go sleep, had 5 days with 16+h a day work this week and I'm down too!
    Thanks again and have a good weekend. May talk on Monday again to you.
    Cheers.

OptimBro likes this.
  14. diablo666

diablo666 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Damn Till you are an Angel solving problems to noob developer like Softaculous.

ustoopia, Fire Fox and OptimBro like this.
  15. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

since this method works, can you just tell me the ispconfig file that i need to edit so i can add :8080 after ip address?

16. till

I don't know how they named their file as it's not an ispconfig file, its from softaculous. But you will probably find it in the folder /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/tools/lib/menu.d/

budgierless likes this.