[SOLVED]: After upgrade to ubutnu 20.04 unix:/var/lib/php7.2-fpm/ispconfig.sock failed nginx

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by minttux, Mar 20, 2021.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's intended, the file shall not get re-added. If you want to force the updater to redo the system configuration update, you simply run it with:

ispconfig_update.sh --force

It's not, it's your fault that you deleted it. If ISPConfig would start adding GUI vhost on all systems where there is no such file, then all slave systems that run apache or Nginx in a multiserver setup would get their own GUI instead of getting managed by the master server.

ahrasis likes this.
  2. Hbod

Hbod Member

In case you missed that in my last message: the whole talk isn’t about fault and wether I did or did not delete that file. It’s about upgrading my system from Debian 10 to 11 ending up with Error 502 while following the guides. And I did force update ISPconfig. The content of the vhost was wrong and not getting updated. And only after that I decided to delete it and retry to see if it will be created if missing.
    No, it was not my fault. I have followed the instructions and been ended up with an error 502. Maybe something was wrong with my setup in the first place, I don’t know.

Good to know that it’s intentional that it did not update or create it, it could at least do it for the master imho (which was the machine having the trouble).

Anyway, it is running now and all is good.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You clearly did not read my post. Have you seen which text I quoted and which I solely replied to? My answer is only about your statement that it's a bug that ISPConfig does not recreate a file that you deleted yourself. I did not wrote anything about that file not getting updated. I just explained to you that your solution to delete it was wrong and caused more harm to your server.

Ok, so you did not delete that file, right? Unless you deleted it, it's indeed not your fault.

4. Hbod

Hbod Member

Alright, thanks. Yes, indeed, no tutorial mentioned deleting that file will help. It was my own assumption based on other files like app.vhost

ahrasis likes this.