[solved]ERROR: Reseller cannot be client of another reseller

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by spazio, Feb 16, 2022.

1. spazio

spazio Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

I'm migrating an old server to a new vanilla sevrer without anythnig on it. No client no web site etc. I'm doing it with the ispconfig migration tool
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...g-confixx-plesk-to-ispconfig-31-single-server

Someone in the past changed client and reseller ID ( like I said it's a very old server ) so I get an error when I try to migrate the client with
    ./migrate --only=client and I get this error:

2022-02-16 01:37:29 - [ERROR] JSON API REPLY ERROR: Reseller cannot be client of another reseller. - Arguments sent were: array ( ...

I tried to change the customer number on the reseller tab without success
    I figured That I need to change back the reseller to a customer but I don't think this is possible.
    I'm thinking the only way is to change the customer that is now a reseller to another number.

Anybody has an idea how to fix this so I can migrate all client and resellers to the new server?

Thanks

Spazio

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Login to phpmyadmin, go to the dbispconfig database. There you search for this reseller in the table 'client', edit the reseller and set the field 'parent_client_id' to 0.

3. spazio

spazio Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ok, That's an easy fix!

Thanks Till