[SOLVED] how to update ispconfig mysql user password ?

Discussion in 'General' started by philippeS, Mar 15, 2021.

1. philippeS

philippeS New Member

Hello,
    Because of the OVH disaster, I had to recover my VPS, unfortunately I had backups for all instead the /usr/local/ispconfig directory,
    So I had to reinstall ISPConfig.
    Then, after the install, I have deleted the ispconfig user and the dbispconfig database and restored everything from my backups. Of course it doesn't work because ispconfig during the reinstallation has written a new password in the config.inc.php.
    What can I do then ? What is the best strategy ? Changing the password in config.inc.php ? but how ?

Kind regards

Philippe

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You could set the new mysql root password in server/lib/mysql_client.inc.php then reconfigure services with the ispconfig updater.

3. philippeS

philippeS New Member

Thanks Jesse for the reply, but in fact I'm not talking about the root password, but about the ispconfig mysql user password.

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Right, you either need to set the database to your old password so all your old config files work (easiest to do so using phpmyadmin?), or if the database and config.inc.php have a new password (those two must match), you can reconfigure services and it will set everything to your new password.

5. philippeS

philippeS New Member

Thank Jesse, I did quite like you suggest, reinstall ispconfig let him work untill the end then drop the dbispconfig database only, keep the new ispconfig mysql user, recreate the dbisconfig database from my backup and it is working. At least the Ispconfig admin panel is able to show all my sites.