[solved] ISPconfig mailing

Discussion in 'General' started by youssefoslo, Jul 8, 2015.

1. youssefoslo

youssefoslo New Member

hi,
    i use ispconfig3 with debian (wheezy) (LAMP)+ postfix +dovecot and squirrelmail,
    my problem is when I create a user mail with ispconfig and i cannot connect with this user account in squirrelmail webmail ,
    but when i try to login with a local system account like a root it works,
    (in /etc/vmail/ the domain and mail user is created)

MAIL log
    MAIL warn log
    someone help me Please,

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you use the perfect server tutorial to install your server?

3. youssefoslo

youssefoslo New Member

yeah, the server work well but i had install ispconfig and then dovecot
    i don't know why i can't login with isp config mail user

4. till

The perfect server tutorial are the installation instructions and exact system requirements for ISPConfig (https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-wheezy-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3), so the server could not have worked before you installed ispconfig on it if you used them as the ispconfig installer is doing the configuration of the services and the setup is not cmplete and working before the ispconfig install is finished

When you installed a server with just apache and some other servivces without following the perfect server guide and configued services like email manually, in this case ISPConfig can not be installed on that server anymore as your setup is incompatble with ISPConfig. You have to format the server and reinstall it as described in the perfect server tutorial then to use iSPConfig.

5. youssefoslo

youssefoslo New Member

oh, i can't format the server because i have 4 website in use, and all work good for me;
    can i have another solution to solve the problem please.

6. till

The problem is this: ISPConfig can not be installed on servers that run already websites or mail accounts.

ISPConfig uses virtual users for email (users are stored in mysql). You say that you can login with a shell user to email, this means that the mailsystem is using a wrong auth source for the mail system. This happens when config files were modified from their defaults before you installed ispconfig. Another problem is that your existing websites are probably not in the exact same folder layout that ispconfig uses for sites, so they are conflicting now with ispconfig and you can not manage them with ispconfig. This means that adding a site in ispconfig now might cause the site in ispconfig to fail or your manually created sites or both.

If you want to use ispconfig, then backup the files and databases from your 4 websites, reinstall the server and then create the websites and databases for these sites in ispconfig and restore the content of the websites in the website folders that ispconfig created for them.

7. youssefoslo

youssefoslo New Member

all my server is managed by ISPconfig, sites, clients, DNS, i intall the all services before installing ISPconfig, but dovecot i install it the last, the vmail and email mailbox is created in the system,
    but when i want to use the email in squirrelmail "Unknown user or password incorrect.", and i have this in Mail log:
    i think that i didn't explain it well.

8. till

Ok, thats omething different. Try this:

download the ispconfig tar.gz again, unpack it and cd into the install folder. Then run:

php update php

and choose yes when the updater asks if it shall reconfigure the services.

youssefoslo likes this.
  9. youssefoslo

youssefoslo New Member

thanks a lot, that's work, for me
    thank u, thank u and thanks again
    have a nice day.