[SOLVED] login to control panel loops/not possible after upgrade of OS

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by MrFrame, May 2, 2017.

1. MrFrame

MrFrame New Member

Hi,

I recently upgraded our server from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (via Ubuntu 14.04 LTS).
    This also invoked an upgrade of ISPconfig along with PHP and apache2 amongst others.
    Since the upgrade we cannot login no to the control panel any more.
    /index.php redirects to /login/index.php since there's no active user in the $_SESSION array 's'.
    Upon successful login (as per /var/log/ispconfig/auth.log) the login page redirects back to /index.php.
    The session array 's' contains an active user and userid before this redirection but this array doesn't contain any user information after the redirection.
    Infact, most the stuff in $_SESSION seems to be wiped.
    It appears to be the issue as in /forum/threads/kein-login-nach-serverupgrade.7553
    The Suhosin patch should not be required anymore in this PHP version 5.5
    How to come by this issue without the Suhosin patch, please?

Cheers,
    Stefan
    --
    uname -a: Linux host.name.tld 2.6.32-042stab120.5 #1 SMP Tue Oct 25 22:31:12 MSK 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    cat /etc/issue: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
    php -v: PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.21 (cli) (built: Feb 9 2017 20:54:58)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies
    ISPConfig (DB Version): 3.0.4.1

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Login related problems that occurred after update to 3.1.2 are related to cached browser data when an active session was open during update. Try to delete cached data and cookies in your browser for the URL of your ISPConfig login.

3. MrFrame

MrFrame New Member

Hi Till,
    not entirely doubtless that this would solve the problem, I pursued what you suggested: I used a machine that never accessed any ISPConfig instance. The problem remains the same: after clicking 'login' with correct credentials I simply return to the login page with all fields cleared. Btw. entering a wrong password prints the according message on the login page.

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is the server fully upgraded to 14.04 and then to 16.04 without any errors? I don't think ISPC is updated automatically during distro upgrade process, so, did you do your ispconfig update manually? Your php version should be php7.0 by now.

5. MrFrame

MrFrame New Member

Hi ahrasis,

thanks for your response. you're right, with 16.04 we should be running php7. We planned to push along all the way to 16.04 but stopped for now at 14.04. My original post stated an upgrade to 16.04 but showed /etc/issue containing 14.04. Status quo: we are still with Trusty as of now. So I guess, php5.5 is the most current supported package available for 14.04. How to troubleshoot the issue in 14.04?

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did you update your ISPC after upgrading to 14.04?

7. MrFrame

MrFrame New Member

I did indeed.

8. till

Maybe the database based session handler is somehow broken on your system. try to edit /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/app.inc.php and comment out (e.g. add // in front of them) these lines starting from 106:

session_set_save_handler( array($this->session, 'open'),
    array($this->session, 'close'),
    array($this->session, 'read'),
    array($this->session, 'write'),
    array($this->session, 'destroy'),
    array($this->session, 'gc'));

9. MrFrame

MrFrame New Member

Hi Till,

just tried that. The outcome remains unchanged, unfortunately.
    I reverted that change to go back to original code..

10. till

11. MrFrame

MrFrame New Member

some more efforts brought the solution, ie a working ISPConfig 3.1.2:
    I was looking through the installation steps https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...n-8-jessie-apache-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3/3/ and found something that was not installed on our server: php5-xcache and php5-fpm. After those two packages have been installed, login works a charm and we can use the panel as per usual.
    Thank you till and ahrasis for taking your time to look into this. Much appreciated.