[SOLVED] Mail config almost emptied somehow

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pongraczi, May 3, 2017.

1. pongraczi

pongraczi Member

Hi,
    I have a debian 8+ISPC3.1 combo, more or less working well.
    The email system was working too, except I had to remove some newly added (by me) rbls, because it rejected all incoming mails. After I removed these rbls, I got it working again.
    So, I decided to create mailman mailing lists. Mailman installed prior to ispconfig, followed the perferct server howto.
    After some unsuccessful attempts to get it work, I found that, the MAIL section under the Server config almost wiped completely.
    I wrote almost, because only the combo box has values, nothing else. All input fields are empty, wiped out.
    So, it seems I have a dangerous situation. Of course, I do not remember the default values :)

Maildir Path is empty.
    Invalid maildir path.
    Homedir Path is empty.
    Invalid homedir path.
    Mailuser uid must be >= 2000
    Mailuser gid must be >= 2000
    Mailuser Name is empty.
    Invalid mailuser name.
    Mailuser Group is empty.
    Invalid mailuser group name.
    Uid-mapping cannot be changed if there are already mail users.
    So, could you give me a hint, how to bring it to life, without scr*wing the server? :)
    Thanks,
    István
    UPDATE: I also messed (played) with Global whitelist, if it does matter, seems working fine (senders whitelisted, spam filtered).

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check if you have any ispconfig backups in /var/backup. Thre should be backups in case that you updates ispconfig at least once in the past.

3. pongraczi

pongraczi Member

Thank you Till, I checked, /var/backup is empty. I played with with the config in the beginning, so, it should contain something. This is an other story :)
    Anyway, I found the default values inside the installation package, so, I was able to get the right values.
    Now I only have the following problem, when I try to save the config panel:
    1. Uid-mapping cannot be changed if there are already mail users.
    It is true, sites, email domains, email boxes, email aliases are populated with live data, but I did not get it, which parameter triggers this check and reject saving the data.

4. till

It contains only a backup if you made an ispconfig update and selected to create a backup during the update.

the setting to map the mailbox user to the web uid.

5. pongraczi

pongraczi Member

Ok, correct, this action did not happen, it is almost a fresh installation.
    I though it, only confusion, it does not matter I set or unset the checkbox, the error message remains the same.
    May I ask, where do you store these information in the database? I started to browse the database, but I did not find the relevant table yet. Thnx.

6. till

in the server table, it is an ini style config. the field is named config or data if I remember correctly.

7. pongraczi

pongraczi Member

I got it, I read the content of the config field. Thank you!
    UPDATE: Oh boy, I cannot see separator. Even it seems the complete email section is missing.
    Question:
    how can I check if this set to True or False? I checked the /var/vmail directory, everything are set to owner vmail.
    If I can figure out, I can disable the trigger and save the configuration.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  8. pongraczi

pongraczi Member

Solution: It is definitely caused by this PEBCAK, please read that thread for further details.