[solved]Second server causes mysql errors

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fbarcenas, May 12, 2015.

1. fbarcenas

fbarcenas Member

Ever since I setup a second server (slave) with ISPconfig I get a bunch of these mysql errors:
    150511 17:37:01 [Warning] Access denied for user 'ispcsrv3'@'x.x.x.x' (using password: YES)
    150511 17:37:02 [Warning] Access denied for user 'ispcsrv3'@'x.x.x.x' (using password: YES)
    150511 17:37:03 [Warning] Access denied for user 'ispcsrv3'@'x.x.x.x' (using password: YES)
    150511 17:37:04 [Warning] Access denied for user 'ispcsrv3'@'x.x.x.x' (using password: YES)
    150511 17:37:05 [Warning] Access denied for user 'ispcsrv3'@'x.x.x.x' (using password: YES)
    Anyone know what is causing them? I know they are coming from my slave server, but I never configured this user so I don't understand why it's trying to login.

2. fbarcenas

fbarcenas Member

OK I figured it out. it seems the secondary server was not using its primary IP but one of it's virtual IP to contact the main server. So all I had to do was copy the mysql user account created for the primary ip and change the ipaddress to the virtual ip it had chosen to use. I don't understand why mysql and mail server decide to bind to one of the virtual IP instead of the primary. They do it all on their own most of the time.