Some issues...

Discussion in 'General' started by crypted, Mar 9, 2007.

1. crypted

crypted Member

Hey all, just got a few things I'm curious about...
    1) Does ISPConfig have some default setting where the outgoing mail server isn't able to send to email addresses that don't reside locally on the machine? I have a "tell a friend" php plugin script for WordPress and it's only emailing to the email addresses that reside on the local machine and won't email to remote servers...
    2) Is there a way to upgrade ISPConfig without it overwriting modified configuration files? The last upgrade (prior to this new release which I haven't attempted) overwrote my modified php.ini and httpd.conf while leaving the modified my.cnf intact.

2. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

This is a known issue and I've put it on the RFE list. Glad to see there's another supporter to get support for customized templates/config files (+ saving previously created Certs) embedded in ISPConfig.

3. crypted

crypted Member

glad that there's a chance it may get dealt with then! now, anyone have advice for tackling problem numero uno?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To 1) How does this plugin check if its a local email address? I never heard that there could be a problem or that a plugin tries to find out if a email address is local.