Sorry, a couple other issues...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ctroyp, Sep 27, 2005.

1. ctroyp

ctroyp New Member HowtoForge Supporter

#3 webmail

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. ctroyp

Excellent! Thank you guys so much for the help. Thanks for your patience as well. Although I will still have questions, I have made it a long way for a newbie with your assistance. Last week was the first time I touched a Linux machine when I initially setup my server w/FC4.

I think you have created an excellent product and I will do my best to acknowledge your work on my sites...thanks!

Troy P.

4. ctroyp

192.168.100.100:81

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Just 192.168.100.100:81 or http(s)://192.168.100.100:81?

Then it's clear why you cannot access ISPConfig from the outside. You need to put in your public IP address (if you have a static one) or use a service like DynDNS, and then you have to tell your router to forward port 81 to your ISPConfig system.

6. ctroyp

I re-read what till posted and I understand what you just posted falko...

It makes sense now that I do need to enter my pubic IP. Do I need to add the http:// or just enter the IP?

Everything else seems to be accessible now (email, ftp, phpmyadmin, etc). If entering my public IP fixes the (remote) settings access problem, then I will have only one known issue which is a speed problem, and I think I can take care of that.

Btw, can any of you recommend an application that would work well for accessing my server remotely? Something that would allow me to access my server without limits, yet without compromising security? I spend a lot of time away from my LAN and would like to have the ability to connect to it if needed.

Thanks again guys...I'll let you know how everything turns out.

7. till

Yes, falko is right, i mixed it up with the IP-address in vhosts. Sorry..

To administer you server remotely i recommend SSH with putty as SSH client for windows. If you need to copy files you may use WinSCP.

8. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

Did I get that right? I thought one can only login to webmail with prefix_username ? At least my webmail (squirrelmail) did not accept the emailadress as username, I alwys have to use i.e. web7_postmaster as username...

Is the possibility to use the emailaddress as username a particularity of uebimiau or should it be able to work with any other webmailers as well?

(for the time being I fixed it with a plugin for squirrelmail which allows a user to define an alias for his own login which gets saved in a file where squirrelmail looks it up )

9. ctroyp

Just to confirmTenaka, the email address did work for me using Uebimiau.

10. till

You can use the email address only with uebimiau, because uebimiau does a lookup of the username in the ispconfig database.

11. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, this is an adjustment Till and I made in Uebimiau for the use with ISPConfig.