Spam policies do not seem to be working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Yarnell, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Yarnell

Yarnell Member

Hey folks.
    I have setup some spam policies to try and redirect spam to junk mail but the policies do not seem to be working. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong which is likely the case. I have attached my policies. My x headers look like this:
    Code:
    X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.2 (2018-09-13)
    X-Spam-Level:
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.1 required=5.0 tests=HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_28,
        HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW,SPF_HELO_NONE,
        T_REMOTE_IMAGE autolearn=no autolearn_force=no version=3.4.2
    X-Spamd-Bar: ++++++++
    X-Spam: Yes
    Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Attached Files:

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

The message must be forwarded, or at least is passing multiple spam scanners (X-Spamd-Bar is added by rspamd, whereas that X-Spam-Status header is from spamassassin), so it's hard to say what's going on. Do you have multiple scanner headers on all your messages? Do you intend to use rspamd or spamassassin? Probably would need more info about the delivery path of your mail (passing multiple servers?) and also the specific mailbox(es)/address(es) in question.

3. Yarnell

Yarnell Member

Yes, it shows up on all messages. I do have both installed but spamassassin was turned off from the command line, as instructed by the setup guide. I just noticed that ispconfig does not have any configuration sections for spamassassin. Does ispconfig use rspamd as a replacement? What would happen if I disable rspamd?

4. Jesse Norell

Try changing the content filter in server config to amavis, then back to rspamd (save after each change).

5. Yarnell

Yarnell Member

Great, that helped me log into the rspamd control panel on 8081. The password wasn't working before... I will monitor the emails for a couple days to see if there was any change. Thanks Jesse :)

6. Jesse Norell

It sounds like there was mixed amavis/rspamd config setup in postfix - for the record, what OS are you running, and what install instructions did you use? Hopefully it was a local issue, but we try to watch for recurring trends.

7. Yarnell

Yarnell Member

hmmm. I'm running Debian 10. You may be right, i'm pretty sure I added a filter for spamassasin in postfix when I installed the OS. I will check and try removing it. Thanks.