Spam Policy is being completely ignored

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Spawnsworth, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth Member

Hi all,

Hope you can help me. We have an ISP Config server (running version 3.05). The Spam policy settings don't appear to work at all. I have checked the mail logs and can't see any content being filtered at all.

It's running on Ubuntu 12.04 Server. Can you offer any hints or advice as to what might be causing this? Should I upgrade the version and test again? Is it safe to upload directly to latest version? This is a live client server so I have to proceed with extreme caution if an upgrade is absolutely necessary.

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post the output of:

grep filter /etc/postfix/main.cf

3. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth Member

Thanks Till.

Absolutely no output at all. Filters are missing from main.cf then. Can you remind me what they should be and is it a case of adding them in and reloading postfix?

Thanks!

4. till

main.cf:

content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
    receive_override_options = no_address_mappings

master.cf

Code:
    127.0.0.1:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
        -o content_filter=
        -o local_recipient_maps=
        -o relay_recipient_maps=
        -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
        -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
        -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
        -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
        -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
        -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
        -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes
        -o receive_override_options=no_unknown_recipient_checks,no_header_body_checks
        -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes

5. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth Member

That's magic thanks till.

Those 2 lines from my main.cf were missing completely so I added them in. I was only missing the bottom line from your master.cf so have added that in also and reloaded postfix. I will confirm if this has fixed the problem but need to monitor this for a while.

Many Thanks indeed!

6. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth Member

Hmmm,

Not quite there yet. I'm now seeing lots of amavis related stuff in mail.log but am seeing permisisons errors:

Nov 9 16:50:10 my-server amavis[1724]: (01724-01) (!!)WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups
    Nov 9 16:50:26 my-server amavis[1724]: (01724-01) Passed CLEAN, [209.85.218.50] [72.173.168.24] <[email protected]> -> <[email protected]>, Message-ID: <[email protected]>, mail_id: 6+reUy4+8EOW, Hits: -0.77, size: 127954, queued_as: 7249E2196E, [email protected], 16155 ms
    Nov 9 16:51:10 my-server amavis[1725]: (01725-02) (!)run_av (ClamAV-clamd) FAILED - unexpected , output="/var/lib/amavis/tmp/amavis-20151109T164810-01725/parts: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR\n"
    Nov 9 16:51:10 my-server amavis[1725]: (01725-02) (!)ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: CODE(0x1a27668) unexpected , output="/var/lib/amavis/tmp/amavis-20151109T164810-01725/parts: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR\n" at (eval 102) line 596.

All directories from /var/lib/amavis/* recursively have owner:group set as 'amavis:amavis' with full owner permissions. What should these be change to or how can I fix this error?

Many Thanks,

Kirk

7. till

I guess ISPConfig has been installed on this server in expert mode and the person who did that has choosen to exclude the whole mail setup, so basically the system is unconfigured and is not able to host mail accounts at the current stage. Maybe you should update the system and let the ispconfig updater reconfigure the system.

8. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth Member

Thanks Till. This server is being used for hosting web and email services and has been for quite some time. The spam filtering problem has only recently been discovered. So mail is being served and working OK at the moment but it is just the filtering aspect that is broken.

I suppose upgrading the server would be a good option. Is it safe to upgrade from the current version which is 3.0.5 to the latest stable release? This is a live server so I would need to schedule a maintenance window for this (about 30 mins to be on the safe side?). If upgrading, I would use the following method:

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/controlpanels/ispconfig3/how-to-update-ispconfig-3/

Is this safe to use?

Many Thanks!

9. till

the update shoulb be safe, just run ispconfig_update.sh as root.

10. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth Member

Hi till,
    Just to let you know that the client finally agreed to this and I ran the "ispconfig_update.sh" command as root. Reconfigured postfix etc during the update and this has completely fixed the problem. Thank you for your help with this all sorted!