Spamassassin bypassed sometimes - missing x-spam-status

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by linus, Dec 4, 2008.

1. linus

linus Member

First and most importantly, thank you for Ispconfig, it is really good. It has worked through emergency recoveries, updates and long use. When my users complain the problem has usually been on their side.

To my problem: Now, since two weeks, spamassassin has started to leak, or actually it seems to be bypassed totally sometimes. When I don't use spamassassin at all (disable it through Ispconfig) I get > 1000 spam a day, and now I get 30. But two weeks ago I got 0-5.

I started looking at the headers in the incoming spam and the spamassassin tags were missing completely. This is from another mail that is OK:
    X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 (2008-06-10) on ....com
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.3 required=3.4 tests=AWL,BAYES_00,RDNS_NONE autolearn=no version=3.2.5

I have tried to find answers for two weeks now, and some instruct the user to change the spamd and spamc configuration and allow more children for spamassassin for there was a bug in perl. Where is the general config-file for Ispconfig's spamassassin, it's not using spamd is it?

That made me think to update perl as this article also suggests.
    http://search.cpan.org/~msergeant/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.43/spamd/spamd.raw

I updated to perl.i386 4:5.8.8-15.el5_2.1 but still I keep getting unscanned spam.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is not using spamd, but you can easily use spamd if you like by changing the procmail recipe for spam scanning to use the spamd of your linux distribution instead of the spamassassin script from ispconfig. The master templates for the procmail recipes are in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf. The modified template should be stored in the customized_templates subfolder. The changed template will be applied to a user when you save achnage in the user account in ispconfig or when you create a new user.