Spamfilter blacklist does not work

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by variable99, Feb 26, 2024.

1. variable99

variable99 Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have setup email account and testing if spamfilter works. Added my gmail.com address to blacklist and sent email to mailbox in ISPC. Email came perfectly fine. No ***SPAM*** tag or anything else. Logs does not indicate any rspamd or amavis involvement in any blacklist check... How to debug where is the problem?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All recent setups use Rspamd and not Amavis, so if you installed your system in the past few years, you should have an Rspamd system. For Rspamd: have a look into the /etc/rspamd/local.d/users/ folder, there should be a new file name with wblist in the file name that contains the config. Also, Rspamd has its own GUI where you can check in detail what is happening with an incoming email.

3. variable99

You are correct, there is such list "spamfilter_wblist_10.conf":
    Code:
    spamfilter_wblist-10 {
            priority = 50;
            from = "[email protected]";
            rcpt = "[email protected]";
            apply {
                    R_DUMMY = 999.0;
                    actions {
                            reject = 0.2;
                            "add header" = 0.1;
                            greylist = 0.1;
                            "rewrite subject" = 0.1;
                    }
            }
    }
    I took a look rspamd GUI history and there is no indication that blacklist was used (no symbol). Email just accepted with "No action" and score 0.00 / 0.2.

4. variable99

Found the exact problem: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/6082
    Fix for my case:
    Create the file /etc/rspamd/rspamd.local.lua with this content :
    Code:
    Code:
    rspamd_config.R_DUMMY = {
           callback = function(task)
                   return true
           end,
           score = 0,
           description = 'dummy symbol',
    }

Then restart Rspamd

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    till likes this.
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The link you posted is not about an bug or that something was not working, its a feature request for using a new Rspamd module instead of the current implementation that allows a better combination of rules to avoid priority conflicts. It should work without using the newly suggested multimap feature as it worked fine in the past and its unlikely that multimap gets implemented anytime soon as Jesse stopped working on it, so either another change that was made in between broke that function, or there is a duplicate priority, which you can check in the generated config files.

6. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

This will apply the symbol R_DUMMY to all mails i don't think this is how we should do it. I'll work on a usable solution that applies the symbol ISPC_WHITELIST to mails if a user rule in local.d/users/*.conf matches.