Special Characters in mail adress

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by warlock, Mar 31, 2010.

1. warlock

warlock Member

Help,

I have migrated a user from ISPC2 to ISPC3 their email address used to be m+m@

ISPC3 does not accept the + sign, they are how can I make it accept it or have all mail to m+m sent to another address ?

Cheers

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've filed a bug report for this in our bugtracker, so we will check this.

3. Rescue9

Rescue9 Member

I posted a comment in FS a couple of days ago, but no one has responded. I'll repost here. Direction would greatly be appreciated.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

But thats not the case, my email address on my ispconfig3 server has this format. The isEmail validator is a regex. The only sign which is not allowed at the moment and were this thread is about is the + sign in email addresses which will be added in the next release into the isEmail validator regex.

The current regex is:

Code:
    /^\w+[\w.-]*\w{0,}@\w+[\w.-]*\w+\.[a-z]{2,10}$/i
    and the new one should be something like this:

Code:
    /^\w+[\w.-\+]*\w{0,}@\w+[\w.-]*\w+\.[a-z]{2,10}$/i

5. warlock

warlock Member

would it be safe to say if I in the mean time edit the regex in mail_user.tform.php, that this will resolve my current issue ?

EDIT: Ok which form

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, that should not cause any problems. The regex above is for the isemail function (around line 712) in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform.inc.php.

7. warlock

warlock Member

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 10 in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform.inc.php on line 670

and still getting invalid charecters

Code:
    /^\w+[\w.-\+]*\w{0,}@\w+[\w.-]*\w+\.[a-z]{2,10}$/i

8. Rescue9

Rescue9 Member

Oh... found out my problem. The information I was referring to came from the ISEMAIL function in Java. I was thinking php had this same style function when it appears that you have isemail set as a variable.

Glad to get the discussion going though.