Sql

Discussion in 'General' started by AusVote, May 16, 2006.

1. AusVote

AusVote New Member

Hi, Just curious, I'm kinda new to the whole "server setting up" (first time i've done it) i've just rented out a server.. and I Would like to install ISPConfig onto the server, all the server would need is the control panel and the HDD to create some SQL servers.. and obviously the linux OS... Or Do I need to purchase/install anything else?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you only want to manage MySQL databases, you might have a look at phpmyadmin.

If you want to manage websites and email accounts too, I recommend to use ISPConfig.

3. AusVote

AusVote New Member

I see...

So basicly ISPConfig allows you to create/configure MySQL databases? And you dont need anything special on the server? Its just a bare system atm, in the Datacentre.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

It allows you to create MySQL databases, web sites, users, email accounts, FTP accounts, manage DNS records, etc. Have a look at www.ispconfig.org .
    If you just need to manage MySQL databases and nothing else, check out phpMyAdmin.

If you want to install a Linux system that is prepared for the installation of ISPConfig, have a look at the "Perfect Setup" tutorials on HowtoForge.