SQLITE3 type not showing in DB create/manage menu

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by AaronT, Jul 4, 2022.

1. AaronT

AaronT New Member

On ISPCONFIG Panel
    Sites > Databases > Add new database > Type (Only shows MySQL as an option)

I did the perfect multiserver install, it stated phpX.Xsqlite3 installed
    I Checked that it was installed with "php -i"

sqlite3
    SQLite3 support => enabled
    SQLite Library => 3.27.2
    Directive => Local Value => Master Value
    sqlite3.defensive => 1 => 1
    sqlite3.extension_dir => no value => no value​

So it is installed & enabled.
    The webserver is selected in panel.

Is this an issue with it being serverless? And the client just needs to supply their own sqlite file and it will be fine?

Right now I can't create/track it for backups via the Sites>example.com>Backup>Database backup.
    Is there a way for me to enable a sqlite3 database to be tracked for backup/restore/download?
    If not, I assume it will be saved through the web files backup? (or will db files be ignored?)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't know why you think adding a database driver (in your case SQLite) in PHP adds support for that database type in ISPConfig.

An SQLite database is simply a file that is somewhere on your website (preferable in the private folder of the site) and as any file of the site, it gets backed up as part of the site when you backup the site.

1) Sign up at git.ispconfig.org
    2) Write an SQLite backup extension for ISPConfig.
    3) Submit your code to be approved and integrated into ISPConfig.

3. AaronT

AaronT New Member

Thank you for the clear information!

As it was part of the recommended install, I was unaware of if I had done something wrong, or if sqlite was not supported in that way. (as I couldn't even find any conversations about it.)

While I am aware of how sqlite works. I was unaware of the proper procedure regarding .db files, and was worried ispconfig might skip them during webfile backup. ( and was vainly hoping someone would say "oh yah, ispconfig will detect the .db if you do *this*" )

YUP. I was afraid that was the answer.

When I get more experience with ispconfig, I will definitely take a peak under the hood and begin to contribute. (I'm also keeping track of all my dumb questions and might also try my hand creating some documentation / tutorial videos once I feel comfortable in what I'm doing.)

Again, thank you very much for your time and information.