Squirrelmail Outlook Skin Theme

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by 4integration, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Herbert

Herbert New Member

Its look verry nice, thanks..
    I miss msg_flags, the patch is not working.

2. achaian

achaian New Member

Sweet!

Thank You!

3. need2backup

need2backup New Member

Can I use this with cPanel? If so how do I install it with cPanel.
    The skin looks awesome!!!

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. 4integration

4integration New Member

Updated the package with msg_flags. Can be downloaded from http://test.jarkeborn.se/SquirrelOutlook/dist/

There is minor issues with the UI, the columns are not exactly inline but it works :)

6. Herbert

Herbert New Member

Thanks, keep on the good work!

7. pjdevries

pjdevries Member

As far as I can see, SquirrelOutlook.pkg has not (yet) been put on the ISPConfig downloads page. I guess Till has been too busy helping out newbies like myself on this forum :)

Being quite that newbie, I have a few questions:
    1. SquirrelOutlooks seems to be based on SquirreMail 1.4.8. The current stable release appears to be 1.4.10a which fixes several cross site scripting issues amongst other things. Is it possible to update to the latest SquirrelMail version after having installed the SquirrelOutlook package?
    2. The release notes in the SqirrelMail package on the ISPConfig downloads page say it's version 1.5.1 which appears to be a development version. Is it a good idea to supply a development version instead of a stable version on the ISPConfig downloads page?

8. 4integration

4integration New Member

No, that isn't possible since Squirrelmail-Outlook is very "hardcoded" into Squirrelmail.
    Of course you could take the both and try to merge them together.

9. pjdevries

pjdevries Member

Thanks for the reply. It's a pitty that it is not possible in an easy manner. If I can find the time, I'll try a merge as you sugest. That is, if I can also still obtain the exact same SquirrelMail version on which SuirrelOutlook is based.

10. webking

webking New Member

11. emailmike1994

emailmike1994 New Member

Oh this is pretty sweet.. good work man

12. emailmike1994

emailmike1994 New Member

How would I go about making one of these myself?

13. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

14. SeaWolf

SeaWolf Member

Hi!

I just want to know if you guys have seen this problem. When I put the outlook skin everything works fine except when I click on compose (or reply) I got a blank page. Other thing, I'm not able to use the auto_create_special_folder variable because when I set it to true, I got the menu blank (at the left),

That's the only 2 problems I got :)

Any help is apreciate!

Thanks!

15. planet_fox

planet_fox Member HowtoForge Supporter

16. 4integration

4integration New Member

17. Chrispix

Chrispix New Member

I am currently trying out your extension, looks absolutely great so far! Especially the seamless integration of the calendar is neat (btw, where is the data for the calendars stored, anyway?).

Thanks for compiling this package!

Should you ever make an update of this version, how would I install it? Can I simply use ISPConfig's update function to upload the newer version?

18. 4integration

4integration New Member

Thanks, but the real credit should go to the guys at http://sourceforge.net/projects/squirreloutlook/ since they have created the overall package. What I did was only a pkg file for easy installation of the software in ISPConfig.

I will most likely not continue the development of this since I don't use ISOConfig (yes, it's a good piece of software but was a bit overkill for my need).

I suggest that you keep an eye on the original project and when they releases a new version it should be quite easy to make a diff and create a new ISPConfig package.

19. AsDsL

AsDsL New Member

Hi World,
    how do I add others folders like SENT, ...
    I only have INBOX
    I need to add Quote

Thanks in advance,
    AsDsL

20. jfruano

jfruano New Member

Error or bug in Squirreloutlook

Error in Squirreloutlook.

When I send a message with attached file in mode HTML, not send it and shows me if I want to save or open the file compose.php

In mode text plain, sends it well.

I have instaled, Debian etch and ISPConfig. 2.2.15

Some suggestion?

Thanks.

J.F. Ruano