Squirrelmail Package!

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by bkrausz, Jun 16, 2006.

1. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I've got this nice "skin" that I would like to use, but I'm having some problems with it.

1) I can only login with web#nr#_name
    2) The user needs to set all the seting in "Options - Personal Information" when loged in for the 1st time(it's not showing any info like name, emailaddress and domain name)

It's for sure some "hack" than I need to do in one or two files that come with the the "skin" version..

bkrausz (or any other person here), do you still know what file(s) you "hacked" to make it work with ISPconfig (like read all the needed data from the ISPconfig MySQL)?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  2. lns

lns New Member

Virtual domain trouble with Squirrelmail package

Hey all,

I recently installed the latest ispconfig and squirrelmail package addon from this thread - my customer is experiencing that whenever they log into Squirrelmail and send a message, it actually reaches its destination with the "original" domain set up and not their virtual domain suffix.

So, for example, when they log in with "[email protected]" and send an e-mail, the e-mail reaches it's recipient with "[email protected]".

Everything else seems to be working fine. Any ideas?

Sincerely,
    Jordan

**EDIT**
    My customer states that this is not specific to Squirrelmail, but an all-around ISPConfig thing (he created an Outlook profile and experienced the same issues)... If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated... Thank you!!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must set the correct sender address in your email client (webmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.), as you do with every other email account as well.

4. dennsy

dennsy New Member

thanks

Thanks.... :)

5. jazeman

jazeman New Member

hmmmm

ok but maby there should be a script in ispconfig to sett up squirrelmail to add the right mailadress when it anyways creates the acount.
    and I cant log inn and when i send a mail. I get a mail on the server but still get the error msg.

6. falko

But when you set up an account in a normal email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, you also specify the sender address manually. Why should this be different in Squirrelmail?

7. bwrob

bwrob New Member

For Squirrelmail not to show my true username.
    Install virtusertable plugin.
    In squirrelmail config.php:

$domain = 'substr($domain, strpos($domain, '.') + 1';
    $imapServerAddress = 'localhost';
    $imapPort = 143;
    $useSendmail = false;
    $smtpServerAddress = 'localhost';
    $smtpPort = 25;
    $sendmail_path = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
    $sendmail_args = '-i -t';
    $pop_before_smtp = false;
    $imap_server_type = 'dovecot';
    $invert_time = false;
    $optional_delimiter = 'detect';
    $encode_header_key = 'yourencodetexthere';

Then make sure that squirrelmail user personal information is is filled up.

Also in my main httpd.conf i inserted.

Alias /squirrelmail /srv/www/squirrelmail/

That way got access from any website.

Works for me

bob

8. bitonw

bitonw New Member

How about update of the Squirrelmail Package?

Thanks a very nice and easy to install package. :) But what about Squirrelmail updates?

bt

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  9. cryptic

cryptic Member

10. tebokkel

tebokkel New Member

There is no current need to update. This is the most current version (1.5.1) and the advisory above is about the 1.4 branch.

I've just checked the package and compared it with Squirrelmail 1.5.1 from the squirrelmail.org site:

The packaging is almost trivial (with the current version as baseline), so I think any security update could be available in hours after the new SM-release.

Paul

11. Blacknight

Blacknight New Member

Help me...

I'm a newbie please help me, i was installing Ispconfig in my PC and then i want to install squirrelmail for mailserver. then i'm trying to install this package but don't know how to install, please help me?? I use debian, thanks before.

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Login to ispconfig, go to management > software > update and install the squirrelmail package from ispconfig.org

13. Blacknight

Blacknight New Member

Thanks till for the solve, its help me a lot :D

14. fobicodam

fobicodam ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Where is the plugin? the code is the plugin? this code is wrong written.

This :
    $domain = 'substr($domain, strpos($domain, '.') + 1';

Should be something like:

$domain = substr($username, strpos($username, '@') + 1';

Otherwise you will get "user@com"

15. fobicodam

fobicodam ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

To Fix it do that:

on config/config.php line 32, replace:
    '$domain = 'example.com';
    sqgetGlobalVar('domainname',$domain,SQ_SESSION);

on redirect.php, line 50, add:
    sqsession_register(substr($login_username, strpos($login_username, '@') + 1), 'domainname');

Fixed, every user will get the domain name they use to login.

16. exmedia

exmedia New Member

error in squirrelMail

I just installed SquirrelMail en it seems that its working.. but in the inbox (where is new mail) I get this error:

Code:
    Category:  PHP  
    Message:  preg_split() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given  
    FILE:  /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/squirrelmail/functions/imap_messages.php  
    LINE:  926  
    Category:  PHP  
    FILE:  /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/squirrelmail/functions/mime.php  
    LINE:  52 
    and it looks like that I cant send mail from SquirrelMail

I hope that someone can help me

17. falko

Any errors in your mail log?

18. flofly

flofly New Member

Squirrelmail - Spamassassin Settings with ISPConfig

Hello

I want to add the possibility to add Spamassassin Configuration / Black-/Whitelisting, Quarantaine, .... to Squirrelmail. So that each user can easily change his settings.

At my previous server I used the amavisnewsql-Squirrelmail plugin for this purpose. Since ISPConfig is not working with Amavis I think this one will not work.

There are a few other Squirrelmail Plugins but they all are look quite outdated. Does anybody has some experience with that an can give me suggestion?

Thanks
    Florian

19. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all

I have problem with login to the squirrelmail on new server. First everything was ok:

Code:
    Jun 11 14:09:17 s4 imapd: LOGIN, user=web2test, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], port=[59198], protocol=IMAP
    Jun 11 14:09:17 s4 imapd: LOGOUT, user=web2test, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=13, sent=86, time=0
    but after few time a cannot login because squirrelmail started use domain of this user with username too:

Code:
    Jun 11 15:14:34 s4 imapd: LOGIN FAILED, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    I tried delete squirrelmail and reinstall and reinstall whole ispconfig but without success .. maybe I changed something directly in user account when logged in? All what I did, except playing with squirrelmail, was installing of awstats.

Webmail works fine and squirrelmail on other servers works fine too.

Thanks for help

SupuS

20. tebokkel

tebokkel New Member

If anything, it has to do with your IMAP-server, which looks like Courier. The Courier authdaemon should then be configured, it it were wrong (it probably isn't).
    As ISPConfig only supports real accounts (not virtual email-only accounts), you should try to login using an accountname, not the email address. You can have multiple web2test-addresses in different domains, but these are aliasses (or forwards) that get rewritten by (in my case) Postfix.

Stick to the account as login to Squirrelmail and it should work.