Squirrelmail Package!

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by bkrausz, Jun 16, 2006.

1. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi tebokkel

I didn't try to login to Squirrelmail with email address all the time .. I used account name only but somehow it translate to email address. Even if I changed domain name in ispconfig the domain name was still same as before.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you use the SquirrelMail .pkg package from ispconfig.org, or did you install SqirrelMail manually?

3. SupuS

Hi falko

I used the SquirrelMail .pkg package from ispconfig.org .. for the first time on this server and on other three servers it runs ok. I created new web with new user but problem persist and domain is still same as domain in first created web.

Code:
    Jun 25 13:12:55 s4 imapd: LOGIN FAILED, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Jun 25 13:13:00 s4 imapd: LOGOUT, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], rcvd=60, sent=323
    It seems that mydomain.cz is somewhere hardcoded but I don't know where. I searched in ispconfig db and in /home/admispconfig directory but didn't find any record or file with mydomain.cz content related with SquirrelMail.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will ahve to set the sender email address under options in squirrelmail for each account. If you do not set it, the hostname of your server is uded by squirrelmail.

5. SupuS

Hi till

Yes I know it but I cannot login to squirrelmail anymore so I cannot set or change sender email address. Problem is that squirrelmail sending username to imap server as email adress [email protected] and not only username web3test and I don't know why. I reinstalled squirrelmail pkg but problem still remain.

6. lanstar

lanstar New Member

A definitive way to use a single Squirrelmail for all clients.

I've read pretty much all the posts in this thread and have seen several suggestions for accomplishing some version of the two things needed to make the Squirrelmail plugin work "nicely" for all sites in ISPConfig:

1) Make it so it's easy for users to enter the URL for Squirrelmail and so it looks like the Squirrelmail instance is a part of the client's domain. This could be done in one of two ways (I don't care which.)...

Method 1: Redirect http://www.clientdomain.com/webmail to https://webmail.clientdomain.com:81/squirrelmail/ and have that actually invoke the common Squirrelmail plugin site.

Method 2: Redirect http://webmail.clientdomain.com to https://webmail.clientdomain.com:81/squirrelmail/
    Once again, this should really be the .pkg'd Squirrelmail plugin serving up the content.​

Either way makes it simple for users to get to their web e-mail system without having to remember to enter "https://" or put in the ":81". It also LOOKS nice and integrated with the client's web site since the domain name stays the same all the way through - even while inside SquirrelMail.

Second Part:

Make it so that when a user logs in with their full e-mail address: [email protected] - all the mail they send will go out as coming from [email protected] even if they don't fill in the "from" or "reply-to" fields under "OPTIONS" - "Personal Information" in Squirrelmail. I say this because 90% of the users won't fill that stuff in - at least not initially.

I ALMOST got this second part working by using a mod I found earlier in this thread:

To Fix it do that:

on config/config.php line 32, replace:
    '$domain = 'example.com';
    sqgetGlobalVar('domainname',$domain,SQ_SESSION);

on src/redirect.php, line 50, add:
    sqsession_register(substr($login_username, strpos($login_username, '@') + 1), 'domainname');

Fixed, every user will get the domain name they use to login.

With these mods, a user can log in as [email protected] and send mail. When it arrives, it appears as coming from [email protected]. (The "web2" part is just an example of the standard ISPConfig "webX_" prefixing scheme.) If we could strip the "web2_" then the second issue would be solved.

I've installed no plugins for Squirrelmail other than the ones already installed in the .pkg version of ISPConfig Squirrelmail.

Lastly, this all needs to happen by making one set of global modifications, one time - not by having to edit or create any additional files. Then, just by performing the standard steps inside ISPConfig one normally does to create a site for a client - the client will also have a "ready to go" SquirrelMail instance. No "create the options file for each user" kind of solutions. If you have 100 clients each with 50-200 users, one can't afford to introduce additional steps in the client or site creation process.

Has someone managed to accomplish these two goals completely? If so, would share your cool-solutions with us?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  7. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Hi.

Even though I'm not using squirrelmail any more, I think I can answer your question.
    In order to completely solve the second problem you have to do some additional adjustments:

In src/redirect.php, line 51 add:
    PHP:
    sqsession_register(substr($login_username0strpos($login_username'@')), 'popuser');
    In functions/identity.php, line 31 sqq. adjust:
    PHP:
    function get_identities() {

global 
    $username$data_dir$domain;

sqgetGlobalVar('popuser',$popuser,SQ_SESSION);

$em getPref($data_dir,$username,'email_address');
        if ( ! 
    $em ) {
            if(!empty(
    $popuser)){

$em $popuser.'@'.$domain;
            } else if (
    strpos($username '@') == false) {

$em $username.'@'.$domain;
            } else {

$em $username;
            }
        }
    This will keep the local-part (the part before the @) of the email address with which you have logged in.

8. AsDsL

AsDsL New Member

Hi,
    How may I update Squirrelmail to last ver?

Thanks!
    Tony

9. mcardo

mcardo New Member

1. About Squirrelmail. When I use any login and the right admin password it will login to an inbox, which should not unless you have the right username.

When I use my client's email addresses from their respective website it does not login and gives me an error.

2. About Uebimeau. It will not login to any account.

3. How do I uninstall packages from ISPConfig?

10. falko

Any errors in your mail log?
    Did you use email addresses (instead of usernames) to log in?

11. mcardo

mcardo New Member

All the email accounts I've tested DO work on mail exchange applications using pop3 and smtp.

Which log should I check and where do I find it?

I run ubuntu 8.10 installed follwing your great instructions. But there is not much on squirrelmail troubleshooting for Ispconfig.

12. falko

The mail log is /var/log/mail.log.

13. j.smith19810808

j.smith19810808 New Member

I may sound really stupid here but what are the exact steps for installing squirrelmail?

I got it installed using the linked package (thanks ever so much for this).

But its coming up with a few errors, exactly what do I have to do line by line to get this working with my system please?

Here's a copy of the errors I am getting:

Any help as usual is appreciated.

Plus, is there anyway of installing seperate ssl crt's for different websites I am hosting please?

Any help with the 2 of these is much appreciated (I am finally getting there though!).

Thanks,
    Jeremy.:confused:

14. falko

Which distribution do you use?

15. j.smith19810808

j.smith19810808 New Member

Fedora 12, but its 32bit remember.

Thanks,
    Jeremy.

16. falko

What ISPConfig version do you use?
    Did you maybe modify /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini?

17. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Squirrelmail Webmail Theme

I wanted to puke every time I watched the default theme so I made a new one that is somewhat tolerable.
    :eek:
    Just unzip this to squirrelmail directory @ /usr/share/squirrelmail/
    config -> /etc/squirrelmail

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010