Squirremail language

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by muekno, May 15, 2016.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Seams to be solved now. The priviledges for the ispcsrvx to dbispconfig users were missing, these for root exists. No idea why. Gave them SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELTE. I hope thats OK
    Thanks for support

Rainer

P.S. good news, the roundcube plugin works too, now I am on debian with the master server
    Thanks again for all support.
    have a nice weekend
    mk

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'm pretty sure that they were not missing, they are just much more fine grained on columns basis and you find them stored in the columns and table priv tables, so you dont see them un the mysql.user table. The problem with your change is that it allows an attacker to take over your whole server cluster when he gets access to a single slave node.

3. muekno

Sorry no, I saw them in the mysql.user table, but under priviledges of dbsipconfig only the root logins where there. In comparison to my seconds cluster under priviledges of dbispconfig all users from mysql.user table were seen.
    Rainer

4. till

They are in the mysql.user table, but the priveliges fields have to be empty in this table for these users as the priveliged are defined in detail in the other tables.

5. muekno

cause of your posts I set up a new test multiserver system, fully functional all is working, and there the privileges at the dbispconfig level only the root users for the hosts are listet and not the ispcsrvx users. So far you are right, sorry to had not believe.
    So I did a shot look at the install code of ISPConfig to find where you give the privileges. It look that the update.php set privileges too.
    Am I right, if I remove the privileges I gave and run the update.php the privileges are set correct again. Should I do that only on the master or on all servers. Should I do a resync too. Or who otherwise can I restore correct privileges, without rebulding the whole system. I have external mail users, mailboxes and websites on it, and DNS for nearly a dozen domains too.

Thank you

Rainer

6. till

Run an ispconfig update on one of the slaves, it does not matter which one, and choose to update permissions in the master database. A resync should not be nescessary.

muekno likes this.
  7. muekno

I removed the the privilegesI gave.
    Then I did run update, selected yes to update master database. Got no errors.
    To test I added a DNS A record, job queue does not epty after now ten minutes, normaly A records are adde in seconds.
    Did the update not from the DNS server,
    but mysql -h admin.gerdakloos.de -u ispcsrv6 -p dbispconfig from the server I made the update works now
    If I do that from the DNS Server I get Access denied.

So we have a little bit success :)

Rainer

Update: checked other servers, no connect possible, did an update at one of the other server and I can connect.

Update 2: did update two others and i can connect, seams I have to update all.
    Thanks for help.
    By the way, seams you have made a good concept with redundancy so you can repair things quit easy. by my look over your code I found it write well strcutured, good readable and well documented. Thumbs Up

Update 3: after update from all slaves it seams ok , as of my last testings

mk

Last edited: May 25, 2016