SSL certificate installation

Discussion in 'General' started by trondhuso, May 8, 2017.

1. trondhuso

trondhuso Member

I have just bought a ssl certificate. I have copied the content for the CRT-file into the certificate-box, the content of the ca-bundle into the bundle-box. I have also copied the Certificate Request information into the SSL Request box.
    For some odd reason the information is not stored in the vhost-file and thus https isn't working.
    I had a few sites where I have used lets encrypt for https, but I have now removed all those just incase having more than one ssl certificate for different domains or URLs causes trouble.
    Any help welcome.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Die you create the csr in ISPConfig or outside of ISPConfig? If you did not create the csr in ISPConfig, then you need the SSL key as well any copy it into the key field. an SSL cert will not work without a key.

3. trondhuso

trondhuso Member

right, I did create it outside.
    using this:
    openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout www.domain.key -out www.domain.csr

4. till

Ok, so you will have to insert the key into the key field as well. It would have been way easier if you would have used ISPConfig to create the csr btw. :)

5. trondhuso

trondhuso Member

Till! You are a lifesaver! Thanks. Could you add this to the documentation? (just bought two)

till likes this.
  6. till

That's already in the manual :) See chapter 5.4 for creating the SSL cert in ISPConfig and 5.4.1 for importing an externally created SSL cert.

trondhuso likes this.
  7. trondhuso

trondhuso Member

I have installed a new ssl for a new site. But for some odd reason it uses some other ssl. It could be a self generated one, but I am not sure. Why is this happening? SSL is again from namecheap/comodo.

8. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Check the ip addrs on the two sites, and make sure their both set to the ip or both use '*', but not mixed.