SSL Certificates - how many under ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Poliman, Dec 20, 2016.

1. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

LE is a free SSL authority, so most people use it because it#s free and not because it is a cert from LE. For a bank or other popular site, it does not matter if an SSL cert costs a few USD and they will probably use an EV cert which shows their name anyway. What matters for a normal user is if an SSL authority is widely accepted in browsers. So if you have worries if an LE cert will work for your users, then certificate compatibility is what really matters: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/

3. Poliman

Poliman Member

If I would like to change cert which I bought on this from LetsEncrypt should I - as Till said - check SSL and LetsEncrypt SSL checkboxes but from SSL tab need remove each certs, yes?

PS
    How long Lets Encrypt cert exists before expire?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  4. Poliman

Poliman Member

What type of SSL Cert it is? How it looks in browser address bar?

5. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

It's a DV cert. Valid 90 days. It can be auto-renewed.

6. Poliman

Poliman Member

Thanks for fast reply. :} Last question - If I would like to change cert which I bought on this from LetsEncrypt should I - as Till said - check SSL and LetsEncrypt SSL checkboxes but from SSL tab need remove each certs which were bought, yes?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  7. Poliman

Poliman Member

I go to SSL tab and selected action delete certificate, then go to Domain tab and checked Let's Encrypt checkbox. But after I leave Sites tab this checkbox is unchecked. I am affraid that something not working. I should uncheck redirect http to https under Redirect tab too. Besides should I install something to get Let's Encrypt SSL option work? I saw some topics and somewhere were informations about e.x. /etc/letsencrypt directory. I haven't it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  8. Poliman

Poliman Member

I use 14.04 ubuntu and newest version of ISP. I did steps from tutorial You sent but I hadn't screen in console like this with blue background (when I use command ./certbot-auto) but shell console shows question "Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?" and shows websites on the server (full log):
    Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1: domain.pl
    2: www.domain.pl
    Select the appropriate numbers separated by commas and/or spaces, or leave input
    blank to select all options shown (Enter 'c' to cancel):
    Enter email address (used for urgent renewal and security notices) (Enter 'c' to
    cancel):[email protected]

Please read the Terms of Service at
    https://letsencrypt.org/documents/LE-SA-v1.1.1-August-1-2016.pdf. You must agree
    in order to register with the ACME server at
    https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory
    (A)gree/(C)ancel: A
    Obtaining a new certificate
    Performing the following challenges:
    tls-sni-01 challenge for domain.pl
    tls-sni-01 challenge for www.domain.pl
    Waiting for verification...
    Cleaning up challenges
    Generating key (2048 bits): /etc/letsencrypt/keys/0000_key-certbot.pem
    Creating CSR: /etc/letsencrypt/csr/0000_csr-certbot.pem
    Created an SSL vhost at /etc/apache2/sites-available/domain.pl.vhost-le-ssl.conf
    Deploying Certificate to VirtualHost /etc/apache2/sites-available/domain.pl.vhost-le-ssl.conf
    Enabling available site: /etc/apache2/sites-available/domain.pl.vhost-le-ssl.conf
    Deploying Certificate to VirtualHost /etc/apache2/sites-available/domain.pl.vhost-le-ssl.conf
    Error while running apache2ctl configtest.
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.

AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf:69
    AH00526: Syntax error on line 73 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/domain.pl.vhost-le-ssl.conf:
    FastCgiExternalServer: redefinition of previously defined class "/var/www/clients/client1/web1/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-domain.pl"

Rolling back to previous server configuration...
    Error while running apache2ctl configtest.
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.

AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf:69
    AH00526: Syntax error on line 73 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/domain.pl.vhost-le-ssl.conf:
    FastCgiExternalServer: redefinition of previously defined class "/var/www/clients/client1/web1/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-domain.pl"

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    - We were unable to install your certificate, however, we
    successfully restored your server to its prior configuration.
    - Congratulations! Your certificate and chain have been saved at
    /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.pl/fullchain.pem. Your cert will
    expire on 2017-04-23. To obtain a new or tweaked version of this
    certificate in the future, simply run certbot-auto again with the
    "certonly" option. To non-interactively renew *all* of your
    certificates, run "certbot-auto renew"
    - If you lose your account credentials, you can recover through
    e-mails sent to [email protected].
    - Your account credentials have been saved in your Certbot
    configuration directory at /etc/letsencrypt. You should make a
    secure backup of this folder now. This configuration directory will
    also contain certificates and private keys obtained by Certbot so
    making regular backups of this folder is ideal.