SSL install not working

Discussion in 'General' started by digiplay, Dec 29, 2021.

1. digiplay

digiplay New Member

I applied for an received an SSL certificate. I checked SSL on the domain page and copied information that was provided in the PEM file returned by the provider for SSL key, SSL Request and SSL Certificate into each field on the SSL page. I had previously done this for another site, since discontinued, so not entirely able to cross check. The IP is redirected through a firewall and I used the previous information from the previous SSL site. When attempting to https the site, I get that it's not valid.
    upload_2021-12-29_14-4-25.png

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Do you have the same up address set for that site as for all other https sites?

3. digiplay

digiplay New Member

No. This is the only site using the ip. Public IP is only used for this site and is passed through to a unique internal IP on the server.

4. Jesse Norell

It looks like there isn't a full certificate chain, you probably need to add some certificates to the 'SSL Bundle' field. Those normally come with your certificate, or you can download them from the issuer.

5. digiplay

digiplay New Member

Not sure what I would put in there. What came was 5 files. 4 with domain name, file types: PEM file, PKCS #7 Certificates and 2 Security Certificates. One that is type PEM File. This is a text file and has 2 copies of the "text" version of the certificate. They are not identical.

6. Jesse Norell

It will be multiple certificates, including your cert and the intermediate certificates needed to build a chain to a trusted CA cert; try the PEM file with multiple certificates in it. Typically the issuer will tell you what is contained in each file, and the filenames also generally indicate what they are as well (sometimes the bundle file has 'bundle' in the filename).