Still banning my ip, can not login

Discussion in 'General' started by pecka33, Aug 16, 2021.

1. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Yes, it was enabled with
    Code:
    PermitRootLogin yes
    , but does not work for me. I have to set extra allow for my ip and work. Second, i had a problem with sending emails via thunderbird, roundcube..., i can recieve mails, but can not sent. In this case i have to allow senders in isp config - type name of email address, after that i can sent emails.

Looks like that after upgrade are all request denied, maybe thats good for security? I am not sure, I have never had the same problem. Everything else working fine, apache, db etc...does not work rkhunter with new debian and isp config, but this is not important for me.

2. AC-News

AC-News New Member

Thanks

3. Chris_UK

Chris_UK Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have a guess what the less than one minute intervals are.

have you got multiple SSH keys in your ssh-agent? pagent?
    Each key is an authorisation attempt. I had an issue where I had to many keys in my .ssh directory on ubuntu and got locked out for too many failed attempts.

Now I have 0 keys in .ssh. Moved them all into .ssh/keys started using .ssh/config to set up ssh users/hosts. basically using the config to say use this key thats located in the keys directory for this host. I have lots of hosts including git so it prevents any problems.

The result. 0 failed keys unless there is a problem with the key. kinda useful.