Strange Error on mailuser page

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by MvincM, Apr 21, 2006.

1. MvincM

MvincM New Member

Hi,

I have some strange error when I try to login to mailuser controlpanel.

Error: 111 could not connect to the host "localhost"

So the question is:

- what could be wrong?
    - where the mailuser cp is trying to login (mysql???)

Main controlpanel works just fine !

Thanks,
    MvincM

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check your /etc/hosts file if there is an entry for localhost pointing to 127.0.0.1

The POP3 server on localhost.

3. MvincM

MvincM New Member

I have traced the problem and I know what is going on but the problem is still there.

Situation looks like that:

Mailuser CP try to login to POP account (to verify user). POP server is hardcoded to "localhost" or "ispconfig.org" - it looks good but...

If you try to use POP and listen only on your main IP (not localhost) mailuser CP can't login to pop.

I'm looking for some workaround of this. Why? Because I use Courier-pop. On my server I have more than one IP but I want to listen only on one IP. So I must put ADDRESS=xx.xx.xx.xx option to courier-pop config. In this case courier listen only on xx.xx.xx.xx - not even on localhost and mailuser CP can;t connect.

Is is possible to make some futures in next release of ISP and add config options with POP addres. Now I can make some quic patch for my but it could be useful for others.

Best regards,
    MvincM

4. flipkick

flipkick ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

i had the same problem using multiple id adresses for one server. i'll add it to the bugtracker as a feature request.