Strange Problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Dextros, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Dextros

Dextros Member

Hi Guys
    I came across this report and I am wondering if you can shed some light on it.

Basically its originating from the wrong source, and domain.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><feedback><report_metadata><org_name>Microsoft Corp.</org_name><email>[email protected]</email><report_id>[email protected]</report_id><date_range><begin>1440964800</begin><end>1441051200</end></date_range></report_metadata><policy_published><domain>pgl-uk.org</domain><adkim>r</adkim><aspf>r</aspf><p>none</p><sp>none</sp><pct>100</pct></policy_published><record><row><source_ip>195.47.247.102</source_ip><count>1</count><policy_evaluated><disposition>none</disposition><dkim>pass</dkim><spf>fail</spf></policy_evaluated></row><identifiers><header_from>pgl-uk.org</header_from></identifiers><auth_results><spf><domain>dk-electrics.co.uk</domain><result>none</result></spf><dkim><domain>pgl-uk.org</domain><result>pass</result></dkim></auth_results></record></feedback>

In all my other reports, everything is basically the same across the board and everything passes?

I am blocked on hormail at the moment, and i just saw this as i was investigating.

Thanks

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

This is a report related to you dmarc-record. They received a mail from 195.47.247.102 and dkim was valid (= pass dmarc-check).
    But your spf-record does not allow 195.47.247.102 to send mails.

BTW: you should simplify yor spf-record and remove the ptr-setting.

3. Dextros

Dextros Member

Thanks Florian, but nothing should be coming from that IP address. It has nothing to do with me.

Here is my current record v=spf1 mx ptr ip4:188.165.218.77 mx:mail.pgl-uk.org -all

4. florian030

Maybe the is your "local" ip? You can also check this report using https://dmarcian.com/dmarc-xml/ (they have other nice services like sending reports to dmarcian so you don´t need to read the xml-formated reports.

And keep your spf-record simpe and remove ptr. v=spf1 mx -all is enough if your mx-record "points" (*) to 188.165.218.77
    a mx-record does not has an ipv4-address, so hostname in the mx-record must point to an a-record with this ip.

5. Dextros

Dextros Member

Thanks, I will adjust the spf as the mx record is correct.

Is there a way of monitoring the amount of emails my server sends (not in MB but in item number), and from which email address they came from?

6. florian030

You can use grep over your mail.log